Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Was listening to that Armoros unreleased LP again the other day, good stuff and a bit of an injustice it didn't meet an official release, but it doesn't really rock my socks off mainly due to the vocals and the vocal lines which even though they are not bad, they leave me indifferent somehow.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Does LEPROCY from Canada has been mentionned yet ?
Check their "Brutal Occupation" demo then.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Was listening to that Armoros unreleased LP again the other day, good stuff and a bit of an injustice it didn't meet an official release, but it doesn't really rock my socks off mainly due to the vocals and the vocal lines which even though they are not bad, they leave me indifferent somehow.
Have you listened to any of the other bands that I mentioned? Any thoughts?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

A.R.G.
Archaic Torse
Funeral Nation
Papsmear
Abomination (IL, USA)
Nocturn
Agressor (France)
Armoros
Chemical Annihilation
Assorted Heap
Terror (OH, USA)
Gladiator (Slovakia)
From this bunch I haven't heard Gladiator and Archaic Torse, but I have already downloaded an album from each which I will check out in due time. I was familiar with the others and my favourites are Assorted Heap (1st MLP), Terror and Chemical Annihilation. Papsmear and Funeral Nation I need to listen to again as it's been quite some time since I last heard them.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Have you heard Deathcorp? Maybe not as brutal and savage as many other bands mentioned and certainly not an essential in any way, but I do enjoy listening to their EP from time to time. I like the deranged touch the vocals have.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ION BRITTON wrote:From this bunch I haven't heard Gladiator and Archaic Torse, but I have already downloaded an album from each which I will check out in due time.
Only the first two Gladiator albums are worth checking, especially if you like "Beneath the Remains" worship. Afterward they succumbed to the alterna/grunge trend pretty fast...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Listening to ARCHAIC TORSE right now. Not all tracks are equally good, but there's lots of cool moments in this album. Great deep vocals that add to the brutality. Is this a CD only release? How much it usually goes for?

khiijol

Post by khiijol »

malegys wrote:
Cochino wrote:Vacant Grave seems like an interesting band. I'm gonna try to check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZslbTlq ... re=related
this is killer... all the vacant grave demos i've heard must have been sourced from a 666th generation cassette as it was difficult to discern anything. maybe theres some better rips floating around now
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Listening to ARCHAIC TORSE right now. Not all tracks are equally good, but there's lots of cool moments in this album. Great deep vocals that add to the brutality. Is this a CD only release? How much it usually goes for?
I'm not sure if "Sneak Attack" is available on vinyl format or not but I know that it has never been re-issued. There is currently an auction for the CD on ebay from a very good reliable seller who I've dealt with personally for many years. This is normally a $40-50 disc.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Mazez

Post by Mazez »

The first band that comes to mind for me is Caustic Affliction. I think this is what you are looking for. No albums though. Only one demo.
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Cochino

Post by Cochino »

IB, have you heard Angkor Vat from Uruguay? If not, try to check out their Southern Blood demo.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Although I have heard the Angkor Vat demo I can't remember anything about it, so I guess I should revisit it at some point..

Noble Savage

Post by Noble Savage »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Cochino wrote: -Num Skull
The debut is OK material, they got much better (and more deathmetallic) in the following unreleased LP Future - Our Terror.
:twisted: :!:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I forgot about the unreleased Num Skull album. I think I lost my rip in a hard drive crash a while back. If anyone feels like uploading it let me know as the links that I've found online seem to be dead.