Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Lama wrote:
Heathen wrote:As the author said he does not want death/thrash bands - if you have any good death/thrash hybrid recommendations please throw 'em here:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4120
Which bands out of my comment do you suggest throwing there?
It is a general request to resurrect the other thread :) From your post I'd say both Dead Head and Solstice would fit as death/thrash.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Cochino wrote:I'd say you should check out Toxic Shock: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tox ... 3540263533 I love that record.
At first I thought you recommended the germans which I find below average, but this Toxik Shock from the US I've never heard of them before. Is it possible to upload the 7"?
Yeah, I have some mp3s I downloaded years ago from somewhere. I'll upload them later if no one beats me to it.
Lama

Post by Lama »

Heathen wrote:
Lama wrote:
Heathen wrote:As the author said he does not want death/thrash bands - if you have any good death/thrash hybrid recommendations please throw 'em here:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4120
It is a general request to resurrect the other thread :) From your post I'd say both Dead Head and Solstice would fit as death/thrash.
I'd say they fit in both. Come on, the line between both 'genres' is extremely thin, don't you think? And DEAD HEAD more death than thrash? No way.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs here haha :wink: Let Ion decide who's 'right' or 'wrong', it's his thread after all...
Last edited by Lama on Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampel Destruction
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Just remembered the Dutch band Abacinate.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Lama wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Lama wrote:
I'd say they fit in both. Come on, the line between both 'genres' is extremely thin, don't you think? And DEAD HEAD more death than thrash? No way.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs here haha :wink: Let Ion decide who's 'right' or 'wrong', it's his thread after all...
Come on, it's no big deal, guys. We all understand that the line that distinguishes the two styles is very thin, I personally consider Solstice to me more death than thrash and it's a band that I expected to be mentioned in this thread. I haven't heard any Dead Head material yet, but I will do that very soon.
Again, thanks for the input.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
darquos

Post by darquos »

I think HELLWITCH is a good deal between insanity and brutality with big thrash vibes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0FrHW7rAys
Pyrenean Metal
Troma

Post by Troma »

Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy, not fast but heavy shit, one of my favourites

these are OK too:

Cabal - Midian
Overthrow - Within Suffering
Thanatopsis - A View Of Death
Parcas Sangrientas

Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

What about Sadus"Swallowed in Black",this album is full of savage riffs.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I'd also reccomend Torture's Terror Kingdom EP. I never got into the Storm Alert LP but I like the EP quite a bit.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Not a big fan of "None shall defy", it's surely dark and evil and has this deathmetallic atmosphere, but lacks speed and aggression, I like 2-3 songs, but generally the album tires me.

SADUS' first 3 albums are classic, "Illusions" especially is one of my favourites. Not reaching the savageness of albums like "Spectrum of death", but as far as aggression goes it has no match.

TORTURE I find OK, but not anything mindblowing. The reissue of "Storm Alert" was in the mailbox today, so I'll give it one more chance soon. They certainly do fit the thread.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

John, maybe I can add ABOMINATOR with Barbarian Wrath Worship. It's more death metal than thrash but it has that furious edge and complete savagery you're propably seeking in those bands. It fit's more the "Bestial Warlust" category but the "spirit" is the same: total destruction!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm not much into the war metal genre, however that ABOMINATOR comp NWN! put out kicks ass indeed!

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shit that hasen't been mentioned yet:

A.R.G.
Archaic Torse
Funeral Nation
Papsmear
Abomination (IL, USA)
Nocturn
Agressor (France)
Armoros
Chemical Annihilation
Assorted Heap
Terror (OH, USA)
Gladiator (Slovakia)

That's all I can think of right now since It's almost 5;00 AM. It should keep you busy for a little while anyways.
Last edited by Avenger on Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Abomination, you mean the Paul Speckmann band or is it another totally different one?

Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Here's some stuff I've been listening to lately, influenced by this thread (probably a few were already mentioned before). Not all of them :

Stuff I actually like:
-Burnt Offering (Illinois)
-Evil Blood (aka Djinn)
-Faff Bey (I only heard the Back From The Grave album and it might be a bit in the crossover side of things, but sounds pretty savage to me)
-Hellpreacher
-Legion Of Death (Colorado) (I've seen them being considered as mediocre by most people who mentioned them, but I really like their LP)
-Psychic Possessor (totally underrated Brazilian act in my opinion)
-The Unjust (this is kind of a weird one, but I think it fits. I love the vocals)
-X-Creta

Stuff that I only listened to once or twice and didn't impress me :
-Black Shepherd
-Lord Crucifier (I liked the sound, but none of the songs really clicked. Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times)
-Num Skull

And if Avenger was talking about Speckmann's Abomination (I'm pretty sure he was) I totally agree with that one. Anything Speckmann did in the 80s/early 90s (Master/Deathstrike/Abomination and even War Cry to some degree) is good stuff.