Bands that sucked ... and then ruled!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sovdat

Bands that sucked ... and then ruled!

Post by sovdat »

So, the third possibility!!

If any?! :)

Kataklysm comes to mind - horrible noise at the beginning, and then they suddenly changed into one of the best death metal bands out there. Well, apparently they've reached the top so they're going back to the averageness again :)
peterott

Re: Bands that sucked ... and then ruled!

Post by peterott »

Oh well, a couple of bands come to my mind:

Non Serviam (Swe). Completly average from beginning, but developped to a monster with "Necrotical".

Deviser (Gre). Somehow boringin their beginning, but Running Sore is raging.

In-Quest (Bel). Completly boring in their beginning, now they have turned to a very cool riffing-machine.

Abscess (Us). I was a bit disappointed with Urine Junkies and Seminal... but Damned And Mummified just kicks ass.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The German Baphomet were horrible at the beginning, but turned out pretty well on their last release as well.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

sovdat wrote:So, the third possibility!!

If any?! :)

Kataklysm comes to mind - horrible noise at the beginning, and then they suddenly changed into one of the best death metal bands out there. Well, apparently they've reached the top so they're going back to the averageness again :)
i actually thought they peaked with their first ep
EternalTerror

Post by EternalTerror »

peterott wrote:Abscess (Us). I was a bit disappointed with Urine Junkies and Seminal... but Damned And Mummified just kicks ass.
funny, i feel quite the opposite, i think damned and mummified lacks the raw, dirty, punk-y feeling that the early releases had