Female Fronted Heavy Metal, 1976 - 1989 compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
OpenMetal!

Post by OpenMetal! »

khiijol wrote:thanks! is that blizard record female fronted? m-a credits 'Seijirou Shimomura' which isn't a female name (or at least i dont think it is) and the live footage i've seen of them has been with a male singer. i'll add image to the list of stuff to check out - that one seems quite rare!
Oh my god! Is HE and not she!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZ41qf8zlo I was shocked when I saw this video!!!

Yes, Image 1986 EP is very rare and the tracks available on the Net are poor of quality. Maybe you might not be interested on it for this reason. However, if I get a better rip I'll tell you.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i actually just found a decent rip of it. file uploading service is being lame so i'll try again to upload a revised version tomorrow. thanks for the tip!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Image has been a favourite of mine for years, but I have yet to be able to afford buying it. Hah, I have always thought it's a man singing :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

haven't had any luck yet with hotshare, all the attempts I get a file of zeroK. What Force 7" is that? If it is the MA doom band, they never had a 7" that I'm aware of.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Khiijol, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B612r4KRGcg

I think they recorded a demo around 1989 but it's impossible to find...
Please note this isn't the brasilian band. This is portuguese Speed/Thrash Mortifera . The name of the songs are:

1 - Deadly Fields
2 - War
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Amazing piece of work. It actually made me grin widely in appreciation. Hope you can get the stuff you need to expand and improve it.

Damn, I'm impressed!
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

doomedplanet wrote:haven't had any luck yet with hotshare, all the attempts I get a file of zeroK. What Force 7" is that? If it is the MA doom band, they never had a 7" that I'm aware of.
they're from MD and later became chained lace with a different singer. i was just guessing at the format based on runtime (don't have an original, need to find one) - is it a 12"?
rumblefist wrote:Khiijol, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B612r4KRGcg

I think they recorded a demo around 1989 but it's impossible to find...
Please note this isn't the brasilian band. This is portuguese Speed/Thrash Mortifera . The name of the songs are:

1 - Deadly Fields
2 - War
ahhh killer footage! thanks for the info
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

some more :

-Dunwich (Ger) - demo (1987) (pre-Caress)
-Feedback (Ger) - demo (1983) (not sure if it's the same band submitted to MA)
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Truant (US) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxKPxXnnEPU

btw, i can't download from hotshare since i wished to listen Spit Out...
do you have the 7'' ?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

shit i guess hotshare is a bit worse than i thought... my friend has been mirroring them for me on mediafire but isn't complete yet and i think is working off the first version. when i get some more time i'll think of a better solution

thanks for the info on these bands, i'll be putting together another update in the next couple of days

i do have the spit out 7"... the track i put on here is decentish mid-tempo stuff - pretty much the accept "princess of the dawn" riff. flipside is a shitty power ballad. i'll up the 7" in poisonoise later on tonight
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

thank you Sir khiijol for expanding my metal horizons once again with this awesome effort,and thank you some more :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Indeed, some incredible and dedicated work you've done. I'll downloading these files later on when I find some more time. Btw, my fave female fronted band is Chastain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD

Btw, who is that new chick in Chastain? Where is Leather?
Long Live The Loud !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

the mirrors seem to dl ok.

Sent you a fresh Macbeth rip and a few more will come, also I think I have Metal Power II 7”, will check soon.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

:shock: IMAGE has female singer?I thought David St.Clair singed.

Anyway great compilation kjiijol.I wasn't able to download some part because of the damned hotshare.Now with mediafire the thing is more easy.
rumblefist wrote:some more :

-Dunwich (Ger) - demo (1987) (pre-Caress)
-Feedback (Ger) - demo (1983) (not sure if it's the same band submitted to MA)

That DUNWICH pre.CARESS is the return of the beast band?
If so she is my fave female vocalist i have heard ever.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Vaggelis wrote: That DUNWICH pre.CARESS is the return of the beast band?[/b]If so she is my fave female vocalist i have heard ever.
It is indeed that Caress. Not bad singer but can't compete with best female singer performance ever imho :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlnHlgvm8M