Female Fronted Heavy Metal, 1976 - 1989 compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

glad you're enjoying it!

thanks Darksider for the tip on Zish... update coming this weekend with that one. i thought i'd be able to add Contender with this update but someone with deeper pockets than i outbid me on the LP by a dollar. maybe next time...
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

More female fronted Metal/Hard Rock:

Bedlam: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=36560
(demos are up on the www)

Blitz (Nzl)"Key to your heart" 7"EP 86
(title track has female vocals in the background)

The Rain (US)"Channel" LP 88
(mostly melodic Hard Rock, but has Metal influences too and pretty good female vocals)
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

thanks for the info - Bedlam came across the radar earlier, the "demo 1988" listed is a apparently different band called bedlam (male singer) than the one that released the "Permanent Psychosis" demo. decentish heavy metal, but i don't know anything else about them. i'm assuming they're also american? regarding Blitz, they'd be outside of the scope of the project as i wanted to do lead vocals on tracks, not just backing vocals ala celtic frost "Return to the eve", the thrasher song with Maryann Scandiffio doing backing vocals, etc. i'll look into the Rain though, thanks!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Here's band from Netherlands called CHARLOTTE. Maybe a bit on Hard Rock side,but still...

CHARLOTTE - Can you see me / One step
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

is the singer from women of iron really a chick? sounds like a tranny to me :?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

lunaboy wrote:Here's band from Netherlands called CHARLOTTE. Maybe a bit on Hard Rock side,but still...

this one is a bit too HR... sounds a bit like Spitout actually with the keys. i guess this style of pop metal was bigger in europe than the US?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

what about ??
Markiza - Riffs 1989 Russia
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

markiza is already on there, disc 9. i used the cyrillic name Маркиза to try to maintain accuracy. i wasnt into the second album riffs too much but the first one has a couple awesome tracks on it. i was tempted to put both versions of Ворон-викинг on there but felt that unfair to all the other songs :D

does anyone know what happened with Дубль-1? i found this vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLSiRw7GJo

which im assuming is the same band but its straight up pop music... i thought they had only did the demo and turned into Маркиза but i guess not? accurate information in english on this stuff is difficult to come by
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Outstanding blog! I hope you continue the flawless work! Horns up and support the female fronted metal!
All through the night steel by your side
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

lunaboy wrote:Here's band from Netherlands called CHARLOTTE. Maybe a bit on Hard Rock side,but still...

Bought this...nice aorish Melodic Metal with killer solos! That chick looks sweet and she can sing too...what else do you need? :wink:
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Off topic,

Do we have any fans of the "Within the Veil" album of Fear of God? I would like you to tell us your opinion about this full-length, Khiijol!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i thought it was pretty good, although i havent really listened to it in 5+ years. never heard the second one
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

I really appreciate your answer! :wink:

I hold the album lyrics really direct and honest. I also like very much the whole musical changes from harsh thrashy themes to more "atmospheric" moments (you understand what I mean..). I believe that this is a very special release.

On topic, I keep on listening over and over again to your compilations! Excellent!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

its a unique album for sure, and while i prefer the Detente stuff to it, i can appreciate that FoG tried to break a bit from the mold and try something different. theres definitely lots of good tracks on there, and its a real shame dawn died as young as she did

glad you're enjoying the comp!
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

That DUNWICH preCARESS is one of the best demos i have heard in my life. 8)

Coco Laross still is the best female vocalist for me.