Robespierre

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Robespierre Fan

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre Fan »

There's a very good chance in early 2011 that I will be able to get my hands on a FIRST GENERATION MASTER TAPE of the Robespierre demo featuring 'Backs To The Wall', 'Die You Heathen', 'I Am A Cannibal' & 'March Into Hell'.

There are also strong rumours of another 5 songs. I am in heavy (and difficult) negotiations with the relevant 'powers that be' who aren't 100% keen on it seeing the light of day EVER. I remain reasonably positive.

Sorry I can't be more forthcoming.

I just want to guage to level of interest and welcome your thoughts on this matter.

Thank you,

David
Liverpool
England.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I really like 4 songs of the demo and I would be interested in hearing more from this band. A release with all that material would be extra cool too. Have you discussed that issue with them?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
daniel

Post by daniel »

I'm interested in WHY these people in question would rather these recordings remained in obscurity?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
pzman

Post by pzman »

Awesome! I uploaded a rip of the Ropespierre demo but im sure it was an x-gen copy so of course i'll be more than glad to hear the original, not to mention hearing the more 'newer' songs as well! So here's hoping things work out, Best of luck!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

daniel wrote:I'm interested in WHY these people in question would rather these recordings remained in obscurity?
Because they think it's some mediocre demo crap that they recorded as a bunch of ignorant kids? As per usual.

I'm looking forward to this. Especially if there's christmas versions of the demo songs: Merry Christmas you Heathen, merry Christmas!
Robespierre Fan

Robespierre demo tape

According to the band, there were only 4 copies of the demo made. 2 remain with the band and the other 2 were given to guys in Liverpool pubs at the time. That's it.

2 tapes 'released'. It was never meant for public consumption apparently.

How this little tape has spread across the world is nothing short of phenomenal.

How did YOU guys get to hear it??? :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS by the way. :)
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Are you by chance planning to release it by yourself or give it over to a record label (there will be a few of them around interested in releasing almost ANY demo from the NWOBHM era)?
Robespierre Fan

Herkus Monte wrote:Are you by chance planning to release it by yourself or give it over to a record label (there will be a few of them around interested in releasing almost ANY demo from the NWOBHM era)?
I am not inclined to release it myself. Perhaps after hearing the better quality tapes, the interested parties will make themselves known and we will talk. :)

I do intend giving people an opportunity to hear them without paying though. It IS Christmas after all. :D

Hope you are enjoying your day. :)
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Very good demo, I'd like to see a re-release of this with extra-material !
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Robespierre Fan wrote: I do intend giving people an opportunity to hear them without paying though. It IS Christmas after all. :D
Now that's great. Lately I've seen more of a "taking the ball home" attitude from metalheads than a sharing one, specially with rare stuff like that so it's nice to see somebody doing that kind of thing. Also, although I'm not a huge NWOBHM fan, I do love the Robespierre demo so I'll be looking forward to this as well.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

It is not a question if labels would be interested, but if the band would be interested in working with a label on a proper release...

In any case, I'm pretty sure if/when the good quality rip becomes available to the public, it will end up being commercially available, one way or another...
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Wow their demo seems really rare, I would buy the possible re-issue just to hear it. :)
only the heaviest weather available
Robespierre Fan

http://www.filestube.com/3747db1975bad5c103ea/go.html

I downloaded it from the above link. Not good quality, but at least you can sort of hear it. :)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I've heard the material before. It's probably an n'th generation tape though, so I'd buy a new release for sure. Hope the band realise that no matter what they think of it themselves, there are people who are really into it and would love for it to be released.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Garbage as far as I'm concerned.