Metal Outlet COMP.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
pzman

Metal Outlet COMP.

Post by pzman »

guys, i just came across this release - http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=202270
being an obscure (methinks) comp from denmark, my first thoughts were of the great Norway Rocks and Descargar Norte comps. so guys, have any of you heard this? is it a hidden gem? or deserved obscurity? Thx in advance
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

It's good but definitely not of equal quality as N.R or D.N comps.Apocalypse are the pre-Force Majeure band,both tracks great,one instrumental and the other with Charlie form Maltese Falcon taking on the vocals.Metal Cross tunes are also nice,Gain is lame and deservedly stayed unsigned(as far as I know),Marion is average(stupid lyrics) and Royal Flush have one good and one average song....
Never trust the Goblin King....
pzman

Post by pzman »

Trigger wrote:It's good but definitely not of equal quality as N.R or D.N comps.Apocalypse are the pre-Force Majeure band,both tracks great,one instrumental and the other with Charlie form Maltese Falcon taking on the vocals.Metal Cross tunes are also nice,Gain is lame and deservedly stayed unsigned(as far as I know),Marion is average(stupid lyrics) and Royal Flush have one good and one average song....
Thx for the info trigger. looking just at the band-names, i had a feeling apocalypse and metal cross would be the most interesting bands...
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

Yep, not a bad comp if you can get it fairly cheap, but not likely to blow anyone away.

Even the Metal Cross songs have nothing on their incredible 'Crucfying the virgins' demo from a couple of years earlier.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Funny, I was just listening to this comp today! I think it is great and definitely worth picking up, even if just for Apocalypse and Metal Cross (Review).
pzman

Post by pzman »

must've missed the review somehow. Thx keir