Underestimated German 80's Scene?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mordred

Post by mordred »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:STORMWITCH anyone?...they were never recognized as they deserved, i feel that they were just one step close to RUNNING WILD...but they failed to reach them...
100% agreed. STORMWITCH is my favourite german 80's metal band next to ACCEPT and RUNNING WILD. Maybe they weren't terribly original on a first glance but I think they have a touch of their own with those dark yet corny (and cool!) horror lyrics paired with the somewhat happy music. I totally adore their first two albums as well as The Beauty and the Beast. I also like Stronger Than Heaven and War of the Wizards very much.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:This sounds kind of hollow coming from mr "real metal has been dead since 1993".
Avenger wrote:I'm not specifically singling any person on these boards out here, but when it comes to super, ultra expensive, obscure, limited to ten pressings or demo only bands there seems to be a "the rarer the better" mentality growing in 80's metal circles the last few years.

I really hope that I'm not the only one noticing this.

Not that I like to use the word, but these are truly what "posers" are.

I think that these people need to seriously learn to base their opinions on the quality of albums off of what sounds good to them and not on the obscurity of an album only possibly a handful of people have ever heard.
Wow, way to hold a grudge...

It's completely different.

Just because a band released material in the 80's doesn’t mean that it's obscure.

So other then dying to get that off your mind for the tenth time, how was that relevant?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:Wow, way to hold a grudge...
I don't hold a grudge towards you, I know what you're made of, that's all.
Avenger wrote:It's completely different.
It's not different at all. "I don't listen to no famous mainstream bands!". "I don't listen to no modern shit released after year xxxx". Same kind of bullshit attitude, no different.
Just like you don't care to listen to anything after 1993, someone else might not care to listen to a band that a lot of people know about. You are not the guy to point fingers or make remarks on subjects like this, because you are so full of shit yourself.
Last edited by mordred on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

This forum is getting more hostile by the day. :lol:

I haven't noticed any mentality change in those circles. Most people I deal with are still in it for the great music. Maybe people are just finding rarer heavy metal releases (most '80s full-lengths have been found by now) and it might seem like they like those releases better.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:
Avenger wrote:Wow, way to hold a grudge...
I don't hold a grudge towards you, I know what you're made of, that's all.
Avenger wrote:It's completely different.
It's not different at all. "I don't listen to no famous mainstream bands!". "I don't listen to no modern shit released after year xxxx". Same kind of bullshit attitude, no different.
Just like you don't care to listen to anything after 1993, someone else might not care to listen to a band that a lot of people know about. You are not the guy to point fingers or make remarks on subjects like this, because you are so full of shit yourself.
Way to beat a dead horse and put words in my mouth while you’re at it…

I forgot that the only person capable and qualified of ever giving their opinion on topics posted on a PUBLIC FORUM is you because everyone knows that the epitome of logic comes from some random swede name mordred that runs around screaming "U R A POSEUR" to everyone that happens to make a comment that he doesn't agree with.

I'm growing tired of the garbage that you put forth so much effort to type on a re-occurring basis.

Try as hard as you like to make yourself believe that both ideals are relevant to each other, as truth will have it, you are the only one in denial here.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:Try as hard as you like to make yourself believe that both ideals are relevant to each other, as truth will have it, you are the only one in denial here.
"Only obscure private pressings are tru00, fuck mainstream shit!!!!!1!"
"Only 80's material is tr00, fuck modern trend nu metal shit!!!!!!!!!!1!"
Now, as everyone can see, these two ideals are not only relevant to each other, they go hand in hand and steam from the same kind of bullshit thinking. If anyone's in denial here, it sure ain't me.
Avenger wrote:...some random swede name mordred that runs around screaming "U R A POSEUR" to everyone that happens to make a comment that he doesn't agree with.
I have been on this forum for more than two years, obviously I have seen countless comments I don't agree with, but the only one I have EVER called a poser is you.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

P-O, are you havíng you period? You're clearly overreacting and overanalyzes Avenger's comments. Take it in a different thread, or not at all if you can't keep it civil.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Dan, maybe you don't know the entire background.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote:Dan, maybe you don't know the entire background.
Yes, I've read the previous threads and though I might agree with most of your arguments it's the estrogen in your tone that gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Now, please, back on topic folks, becasue we haven't discussed the excellent ATTACK enough! Slightly atypical German Metal with a very tasty Maiden/NWOBHM-feel to them. "Return Of The Evil" is a real gem. Haven't heard the 2 last ones from the 90's so if anyone have, lets see some words on them. I've always wondered if any measures have been taken by the various German Kult Festivals' powers-that-be, to get them up on a stage again. The sure deserve it.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Have to check out ATTACK when possible. Seems like you guys never run out of german bands to recommend
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Helm

Post by Helm »

This forum is getting more hostile by the day.
I hope it's just the summer heat. There's many forums on the internet that are all about bickering and trolling about ones taste in HM or anything else, for me the Corroseum stands out by being relatively civil and a nice place to discuss. I hope this doesn't change.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Helm wrote:I hope it's just the summer heat
Same here. And all this "fighting" tends to turn threads totally off-topic too.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:
Helm wrote:I hope it's just the summer heat
Same here. And all this "fighting" tends to turn threads totally off-topic too.
Blame the horse beaters.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger, you made a statement I found extremely hypocritical that I had to comment on. That's not beating a dead horse, even if you want it to be, because I pointed it out for a reason.

If you go on about how you "litteraly don't listen to anything after 1992" and how "real metal has been dead since 1993" you can't give lessons about how people should base their opinions on albums off of what sounds good to them and nothing else, and not expect to be questioned.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:Avenger, you made a statement I found extremely hypocritical that I had to comment on. That's not beating a dead horse, even if you want it to be, because I pointed it out for a reason.

If you go on about how you "litteraly don't listen to anything after 1992" and how "real metal has been dead since 1993" you can't give lessons about how people should base their opinions on albums off of what sounds good to them and nothing else, and not expect to be questioned.
Actually it is, because I thought I put an end to your whole superiority complex, ego-trip in the original thread, but yet here you are again several months later opening your mouth and again the garbage continues to flow.

You are also making huge assumptions on my behalf from a couple simple sentences. Just because I don’t listen to any metal after the year of 1992 does not mean that it's all terrible. That's not something I said nor would I ever. However, from the majority that I've heard that is crap it's turned caused me to not want to explore that field any further.

And look here we go once again discussing the same old shit that we've already been through, AKA: BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

Honestly, if you want to get into a nit-picking, estrogen spewing, hissy fit about something, how about we focus on you also trying to "give lessons" meanwhile going around the internet screaming "U R A POSEUR".

You are in no better shape, so enough with the double standards.