Underestimated German 80's Scene?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

omen of hate wrote:
BlackStele wrote:
omen of hate wrote:
This song is excellent. Is this album difficult to find ?
Not really..it shows up from time to time, if you're lucky enough! If you need an upload of the whole record, just let me know! 8)
It would be great, thank you !
http://rapidshare.com/files/136325838/F ... 8.zip.html :wink:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Great ! Thanks a lot !!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've been listening a lot of Veto - Carthago lately. Shit this album is brilliant yet goofy. It kinda reminds me of no less than Credo without the slavic angst.

How about Veto's debut album.. is it any good?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Helm

Post by Helm »

A bit rougher than Veto in sound and without as many guitar pyro, but worth your time I'd say.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Erlking wrote:I've been listening a lot of Veto - Carthago lately. Shit this album is brilliant yet goofy. It kinda reminds me of no less than Credo without the slavic angst.

How about Veto's debut album.. is it any good?
Yeah, the VETO/CREDO-comparison make sense. I can only agree on praise of "Carthago", especially the title track - an epic masterpiece!

The debut is less "epic" (less Helloween/Stomwitch), in the vein of TYRANT and the likes, but still good.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Damn I just can't get enough of Teutonic Power Metal (or Melodic Speed Metal if you want to put it that way)! I mean ofcourse the riff-based, oldschool PM and Not AOR-influenced symphonic keyboard-hardpop or what ever. So Looking for some recommendions from the 80s and early 90s. So can anyone recommend something in vein of

ATLAIN
ATTACK
AVENGER
FORCED ENTRY
HEAVENS GATE
MANIA
SANCTUARY
SCANNER
STRANGER

etc.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

WARDANCE made one private (rare) LP + not too hard to find LP on NRR Records and they're both brilliant Teutonic Speed Metal w/ fem vox. Would fit the bill above perfectly. The UNICORN mlp is great as well, but probably sound more like US Metal (think early Queensryche) than Teutonic Metal. INVADER - "Children of War" is a German must-have, but may sound a tad more early RUNNING WILD/TYRANT than the ones on your list. Oh, and The Mighty AIRWOLF! "Victory Bells" = fantastic Heavy/Speed Metal! Got that catchy thing going but the vocals are more raw than many of their competitors.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:WARDANCE made one private (rare) LP + not too hard to find LP on NRR Records and they're both brilliant Teutonic Speed Metal w/ fem vox. Would fit the bill above perfectly. The UNICORN mlp is great as well, but probably sound more like US Metal (think early Queensryche) than Teutonic Metal. INVADER - "Children of War" is a German must-have, but may sound a tad more early RUNNING WILD/TYRANT than the ones on your list. Oh, and The Mighty AIRWOLF! "Victory Bells" = fantastic Heavy/Speed Metal! Got that catchy thing going but the vocals are more raw than many of their competitors.
I know of Invader and Airwolf which are both great bands but Wardance and Unicorn (no worries btw, I love early queensryche and I've come to like the more harsh USPM also) are new ones for me. Just wanted to find out more GOOD euro power metal. It saddens me that most metal purists don't care to search this field because of the bad reputation that the modern bands playing watered down -helloween has brought. I curse them to the lowest pits of hell! :evil: And people saying things like "Fuck european flower metal, hail USPM" just don't know their metal..
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Poison anyone?A total bestial Thrash ripper

Among my favs along with Attack,Running Wild,Accept and Stormwitch(first two lps)..................

Well,Running Wild and Accept are the best metal bands of all times
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Has anyone heard this obscure 80's teutonic German band?

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... eER2Wmc9PQ

I only have this one track which is a cover of Scanner's "Warp 7" I've heard rumours the band name is "Nightlock", apparently this demo was recorded on a webcam for gods sack! In the 80's :S bizarre isn't it!

I heard rumours that this is only a rough version of what's going to be a four track demo inspired by Swedish masters "Spelled" and their hit "Metal City Rockers". The other three songs being originals, should be an interesting listen! The vocalist sounds pretty shocking but this is his first attempt ever singing :lol:
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
pzman

Post by pzman »

Not sure if they were mentioned, but STS Mission's one of my fav german bands. I was just listening to their Mystery of time album and i've gotta say excellent stuff here.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

pzman wrote:Not sure if they were mentioned, but STS Mission's one of my fav german bands. I was just listening to their Mystery of time album and i've gotta say excellent stuff here.
Yeah, some great tunes in that album.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

During the last weeks I listened a lot to Black Tears. Amazing band!

I am searching the demo of Stagefright! I listened to 3 songs and they sounded like typical German mid 80s Metal. I want to hear the whole recording....
BaronRojo

Post by BaronRojo »

excuse me for interfering, but this seems to be an 11-paged topic about underated german bands and i cannot see a single mention of the name

UNDERDOG

thank you
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Great first post! Welcome.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."