Underestimated German 80's Scene?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nuff w/ the petty dialectics and back on topic.

Carrie were ok, it's a solid album but I miss some more standout songs. Definitely better than the German Acid but not at all in the same league as the Belgians imo. As far as fem-fronted German Speed goes I prefer the Battlefield debut mlp and most of all The Absolutely Brilliant XANDRIL!
..who in turn proves that there were some really awesome, unsigned bands from Germany, despite the impression that just about every act could get a record out back then. More deutsche demo-act worth mentioning? I'm a bit behind on this subject myself.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:Nuff w/ the petty dialectics and back on topic.

Carrie were ok, it's a solid album but I miss some more standout songs. Definitely better than the German Acid but not at all in the same league as the Belgians imo. As far as fem-fronted German Speed goes I prefer the Battlefield debut mlp and most of all The Absolutely Brilliant XANDRIL!
..who in turn proves that there were some really awesome, unsigned bands from Germany, despite the impression that just about every act could get a record out back then. More deutsche demo-act worth mentioning? I'm a bit behind on this subject myself.
I agree XANDRIL and BATTELFIELD(after Cornelia Ernst left the band played gay
Progressive Metal)are great!Carrie are in my opinion a lot better than ACID ,more powerful style.

The best demo only German band hmm?
SANCTUARY i think with Prisoner Of War demo is my favourite demo only act.

Very good only demo bands are OVERKILL,SATAN'S PHARYNX,DARK FATE
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:good to see mention SACRAFICE's "The First Experience.." MLP, I have to agree, amazing German metal better than many bands mentioned in this thread.
Come on.You say seriously that?Probably Dan and You are the only fans of Sacrafice in the world.Can't understand how this record is listenable?If we say Sacrafice is great then 99,9% of 80's Metal bands are great.Or i feel that it is the rarity of the record that you say it so good.
The more rare the better huh?Not like 10-15Euros cheap Noise/Gamma/Bonebreaker etc LPs. :evil:

No need to mention that The Sacrafice is a fart in the wind compared with every German band refered in the thread.

Anyone who wants to taste how bad is this this band i can upload the EP in the Poisonoise.
I'll be the first one to admit that 50% of the band's charm is because of the vocals, but that could be said about loads of Heavy Metal (a certain Tyrant being a prime example). In SACRAFICE's case the whole become more than the sum of its parts and I can't really see how a fan of raw & primitive HM cannot love a song like "When The Wolf Cries". You should definitely upload it. I think a lot of people here will enjoy it.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Anyone who wants to taste how bad is this this band i can upload the EP in the Poisonoise.
I've never heard this album before.

I would appreciate an upload.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:I'll be the first one to admit that 50% of the band's charm is because of the vocals, but that could be said about loads of Heavy Metal (a certain Tyrant being a prime example)
Tyrant = 50% riffs, 25% Attitude 25% vocals :twisted:

I'm listening to SACRAFICE the first time now. So far it's been lovely :P
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:good to see mention SACRAFICE's "The First Experience.." MLP, I have to agree, amazing German metal better than many bands mentioned in this thread.
Come on.You say seriously that?Probably Dan and You are the only fans of Sacrafice in the world.Can't understand how this record is listenable?If we say Sacrafice is great then 99,9% of 80's Metal bands are great.Or i feel that it is the rarity of the record that you say it so good.
The more rare the better huh?Not like 10-15Euros cheap Noise/Gamma/Bonebreaker etc LPs. :evil:

No need to mention that The Sacrafice is a fart in the wind compared with every German band refered in the thread.

Anyone who wants to taste how bad is this band i can upload the EP in the Poisonoise.
you have serious communication problem...PLEASE try and accept the likes and dislikes of the others without casting stones against them, just because they like something that YOU don't like! It doesn't have to be fuckin rare to be good, YOU are biased, and came to that conclusion by your own! So stop insulting the others, and just express your own opinion...

P.S: I find German Tyrant VERY boring, so what can I say...should I blame you for being their fan? NO, this is not my way! :roll:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

BlackStele wrote:
you have serious communication problem...PLEASE try and accept the likes and dislikes of the others without casting stones against them, just because they like something that YOU don't like! It doesn't have to be fuckin rare to be good, YOU are biased, and came to that conclusion by your own! So stop insulting the others, and just express your own opinion...

P.S: I find German Tyrant VERY boring, so what can I say...should I blame you for being their fan? NO, this is not my way! :roll:
Why when someone blames/talks/compares rare records you have to answer like they refer to you?

I am not casting stones to anyone but saying Sacrafice is better than most bands talked in this thread is insane.Look about what bands have we talked in the past posts and compare them with Sacrafice.

To speak to your words BlackStele it is like someone opens a Us Metal thread and states that Angel Of Mercy is better than most bands would supposedly talked there.How would you replyed?
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
BlackStele wrote:

Why when someone blames/talks/compares rare records you have to answer like they refer to you?

I am not casting stones to anyone but saying Sacrafice is better than most bands talked in this thread is insane.Look about what bands have we talked in the past posts and compare them with Sacrafice.

To speak to your words BlackStele it is like someone opens a Us Metal thread and states that Angel Of Mercy is better than most bands would supposedly talked there.How would you replyed?
If I remember well, I was the first person who mentioned here that I like Sacrafice, so what you said goes for me also, and don't deny it. Second, open a dictionary and find the word: INDIVIDUALITY Every person has the right to like something that the majority may not like or the opposite, on the other hand, that does not mean that he likes it because it's"rare" or "cult", or whatever. The "labels" disturb me, not your attitude, or your way of thinking..You have your own, unique ideas, I don't agree with most of them, but I respect them, cause I respect you first as a person, no matter the jokes I make here, and I DEMAND from you to do the same..And something last: please don't paraphrase my words--I NEVER stated that"this band is better than the other, etc", I just mentioned my favourite bands in order not to insult anyone, but to represent another point of view...Learn to listen to the people before you answer, that will save you from misunderstanding in many cases..

P.S: And sth else: The answer"this band is better than most of the bands mentioned"is used by you in another thread, so don't judge others while you do exactly the same thing...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I am not casting stones to anyone but saying Sacrafice is better than most bands talked in this thread is insane.
Not even 1% as insane as this:
Fucking Åmål wrote:VECTOM needless to say blow almost every US Thrash/Speed band ever existed(except f.ex Slayer,Exodus,Dark Angel and some few).
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm not specifically singling any person on these boards out here, but when it comes to super, ultra expensive, obscure, limited to ten pressings or demo only bands there seems to be a "the rarer the better" mentality growing in 80's metal circles the last few years.

I really hope that I'm not the only one noticing this.

Not that I like to use the word, but these are truly what "posers" are.

I think that these people need to seriously learn to base their opinions on the quality of albums off of what sounds good to them and not on the obscurity of an album only possibly a handful of people have ever heard.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

This sounds kind of hollow coming from mr "real metal has been dead since 1993".
Avenger wrote:I'm not specifically singling any person on these boards out here, but when it comes to super, ultra expensive, obscure, limited to ten pressings or demo only bands there seems to be a "the rarer the better" mentality growing in 80's metal circles the last few years.

I really hope that I'm not the only one noticing this.

Not that I like to use the word, but these are truly what "posers" are.

I think that these people need to seriously learn to base their opinions on the quality of albums off of what sounds good to them and not on the obscurity of an album only possibly a handful of people have ever heard.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

mordred wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:I am not casting stones to anyone but saying Sacrafice is better than most bands talked in this thread is insane.
Not even 1% as insane as this:
Fucking Åmål wrote:VECTOM needless to say blow almost every US Thrash/Speed band ever existed(except f.ex Slayer,Exodus,Dark Angel and some few).

hilarious!...and again i like the 2 bands, without putting them on a pedestal because of their rarity...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

STORMWITCH anyone?...they were never recognized as they deserved, i feel that they were just one step close to RUNNING WILD...but they failed to reach them...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
hilarious!...and again i like the 2 bands, without putting them on a pedestal because of their rarity...
VECTOM Lps are not rare at all!They can be found quite often in 15Euros.The vast majority of German 80's LPs can be found relatively cheaply.
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:STORMWITCH anyone?...they were never recognized as they deserved, i feel that they were just one step close to RUNNING WILD...but they failed to reach them...
In my opinion STORMWITCH is a little better band.I love every track they have composed.
But why do you compare them with RUNNING WILD?Their style is totally different .The only STORMWITCH album which can be compared with RUNNING WILD is the Walpurgis Nacht.It is primitive and raw like early RUNNING WILD but again a little far from RW style.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

not comparing the style...but we are talking about germans that never hit the big star....those 2 are good "original" examples of how german bands could kick americans asses...but many people didnt noticed that back in the day, thats the point right?