Underestimated German 80's Scene?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

good to see mention SACRAFICE's "The First Experience.." MLP, I have to agree, amazing German metal better than many bands mentioned in this thread.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:Btw, VECTOMS is one of the very few old HM acts I dare to call Pure Garbage. No redeeming values what so ever imho.
Well their logo is cool at least.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Helm

Post by Helm »

ohI love 'Shattered By A Terrible Perdiction' MLP by Abraxas, even if it is total Helloween worship. It comes with emotional attachments for me, when I was younger.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:
mordred wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Acid were from Belgium.

Not Germany...
Female fronted speed metal nonetheless.
Exactly. Khnud said CARRIE is the best female-fronted speed metal band and I replied to that.
Uh, not to sound rude, but I think that your guys grasp of the english language is a bit rusty...
Khnud wrote:I'd like to add CARRIE to the list of underrated German bands
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Look my comment didn't got anything to do with the first part but the next line that claims they are the best female-fronted speed metal band. He didn't say "The best GERMAN female-fronted speed metal band". I think it's pretty clear he meant those bands in general.
Last edited by The Erlking on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:Look my comment didn't got anything to do with the first part but the next line that claims that they are the best female-fronted speed metal band. He didn't say "The best GERMAN female-fronted speed metal band". I think it's pretty clear that he meant those bands in general.
Uh, this thread is pertaining to GERMAN bands.

Sorry, if I was staying on topic to what the thread was originally discussing.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Well at least he did add a new name to this thread's evergrowing list of german bands. I don't think it's a HUUUUGE offtopic if he express his feelings about the band's quality in the same post :roll:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:Well at least he did add a new name to this thread's evergrowing list of german bands. I don't think it's a HUUUUGE offtopic if he express his feelings about the band's quality in the same post :roll:
Fair enough.

I was only seeking to correct what I thought was his misconception.

Great band either way.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I have yet to hear them but I have high expectations.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

The question still remains though, better than Acid or not? :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Avenger wrote:
The Erlking wrote:Well at least he did add a new name to this thread's evergrowing list of german bands. I don't think it's a HUUUUGE offtopic if he express his feelings about the band's quality in the same post :roll:
Fair enough.

Great band either way.
Pah, there was no misconception on my part. I mentioned the band as it was from Germany, but I also added the comment that it was one of the best bands in the world in its respective genre, to emphasize my point.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

vansinne wrote:The question still remains though, better than Acid or not? :wink:
NO WAY !!!
ACID is a Speed Metal Classic ! ACID where ahead of their time !
CARRIE is a typical Earthshaker Records Band. This means it's not bad, but not really good eighter ! And not really Speed Metal to me !
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Fair enough.

Great band either way.
Pah, there was no misconception on my part. I mentioned the band as it was from Germany, but I also added the comment that it was one of the best bands in the world in its respective genre, to emphasize my point.
This goes back to the way that you typed out your post, it gives the idea that you had the misconception that Acid where from Germany...

Either way, no point in continuing to drag this out into further irrelevance.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:
Khnud wrote:Pah, there was no misconception on my part. I mentioned the band as it was from Germany, but I also added the comment that it was one of the best bands in the world in its respective genre, to emphasize my point.
This goes back to the way that you typed out your post, it gives the idea that you had the misconception that Acid where from Germany...

Either way, no point in continuing to drag this out into further irrelevance.
Khnud didn't even mention Acid so there's no possibility he had the misconception they were from Germany. He tipped the thread off about Carrie, in his opinion an underrated german band, and added that he thought they were the best female fronted speed metal band. To that Erlking replied with a question; if they, as a female fronted speed metal band, were really better than even Acid. Everybody here seems to grasp the english language fine, except for you.

There would have been no point in dragging this out inte further irrelevance hadn't you made arrogant remarks about other users' limited grasp of the english tongue when it was obvious to everybody else that it was you that didn't read closely enough before posting (which is not a big deal in itself). Bad english has never been a problem around here.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

doomedplanet wrote:good to see mention SACRAFICE's "The First Experience.." MLP, I have to agree, amazing German metal better than many bands mentioned in this thread.
Come on.You say seriously that?Probably Dan and You are the only fans of Sacrafice in the world.Can't understand how this record is listenable?If we say Sacrafice is great then 99,9% of 80's Metal bands are great.Or i feel that it is the rarity of the record that you say it so good.
The more rare the better huh?Not like 10-15Euros cheap Noise/Gamma/Bonebreaker etc LPs. :evil:

No need to mention that The Sacrafice is a fart in the wind compared with every German band refered in the thread.

Anyone who wants to taste how bad is this band i can upload the EP in the Poisonoise.
Last edited by Fucking Åmål on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.