Honour the great Russian nation!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Destrozer

Honour the great Russian nation!

Post by Destrozer »

Today is day of Russian defender of Nation! He he, yeah, it's the day of the Russian soldier or something like that. That means:
Play Russian Metal in honour of great Russian nation! And play it loud! Tonight I'm off to the Slavic institution at the University of Stockholm (I study there) to celebrate with Slavic Wild Party!
NP: Kruger "Razhdjonnij mrakom" LP
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

No offense, but to many populations in Eastern Europe this day is a symbol of oppression, war and dictatorship. There are different opinions of that of course, especially if asking the russians one will hear a different version. Though I see nothing wrong with celebrating such a victory as the russians did in 1945 (from Leningrad being starved to death for more than a year, Stalingrad and more) even if it created many bad things as well. Like the extension of the Soviet hemisphere to earlier sovereign states, and what that lead to I guess people already know about. One could always blame Stalin of course. And russians are of course entitled to be proud of their good achievements. A difficult question!

Anyway, I listened to MAGNIT when waking up and CREDO when going to work today. Not knowing it was this particular day actually. Good as always!
Fun records
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

By the way, I now get reminded that tomorrow it's exactly a year since I was in S:t Petersburg for the first and so far only time. It was the day after the Soldier's day. "Everyone" were walking with military uniforms and probably suffered from bad hangovers. There are some pretty damn good metal shops in that city! LP's from 1 EUR and up. I'll be back!
Fun records
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I know what you mean and I agree with you. I wasn't being very serious with the post, not looking to offend anyone at all. Just wanting people to know that Russian Metal rules ha ha, and that they should listen to it more today. :wink:
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Hey, I'll be going to Skt Petersburg in April, need some info from you then. A bit stressed right now since I gotta go but talk to you about that later.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Destrozer wrote:I know what you mean and I agree with you. I wasn't being very serious with the post, not looking to offend anyone at all. Just wanting people to know that Russian Metal rules ha ha, and that they should listen to it more today. :wink:
Sure Destrozer, didn't think so either! It's just me practising my history, hehe. Yes, russian metal is worth to be celebrated and thanks to you I got to hear MAGNIT the first time in 2001.

Yea, lets talk about Petersburg, not sure how much I can inform about since I was constantly drinking vodka (or "kompot") while being there. Plus singing the Swedish "H-o-c-k-e-y hockey!" anthem from 1989 the same day as Sweden played against Russia in the olympic hockey games. It was a fun trip indeed!
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Metalipeiklo wrote:oppression, war and dictatorship
= Metal 8)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DaN wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:oppression, war and dictatorship
= Metal 8)
:shock: