Enchanter - recommendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Shiremen

Enchanter - recommendations

Post by Shiremen »

I have fallen in love with Michigan-based band "Enchanter" and their "Defenders Of the Realm" CD (http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=191337)

Can anyone recommend anything similar? I really like the singing, the epicness, the acoustic parts and the lyrics.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ENCHANTER and especially LONGING'S PAST were quite unique. Many US bands had a complex songwriting style, but the particular blending of FATES WARNING/MANOWAR/QUEENSRYCHE/RUSH influences of ENCHANTER was one of a kind.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

yeah i concur,it is impossible to find a demo on par with the first Enchanter on this specific type of metal
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The first Enchanter demo is great yes, but I thought they then proceeded to make their music more complex and it didn't quite work out as well. Still good, but not on the level of that first demo.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

Maybe you should try XERXES - BEYOND MY IMAGINATION from Switzerland. They sound more than the Longings Past material, but you´ll find some Enchanter references too (especially the slower stuff).
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ENCHANTER is much more powerful and epic than XERXES, can't agree with that comparison.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Well I do not think you can find anything similar to Enchanter. All their stuff rules, especially the first demo. You can try to give a listen at Longings Past stuff (Shellberg's band after Enchanter). Sure they sound a little more complex than Enchanter but the magic is still there especially in the Meadows of Maseilya debut.
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Bump

Given that Enchanter resemble old Fates Warning, I think that songs like that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9nhs0LbQuE (pre-Cauldron Born - Dreaming with the Incubus)
could bring to one's mind the mighty Enchanter (MI)!
All through the night steel by your side