Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#76 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:38 am

Icemon, think they recorded 1 or 2 demos before 1984. Unfortunately i never listened it.
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Local Hero - Demo 1983

+

Section 29 - Demo 1983

http://www.popsike.com/SECTION-29-LOCAL ... 83163.html
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#78 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:26 pm

The mighty 1984 demo of Saigon (Norwich).

Image
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#79 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Aftermath - with a demo of 1984

Bit of Venomesque but way more metal than the trio. These fellows had 2 guitars. Sound a bit like Tysondog's "Crimes Of Insanity" mixed with Onslaught in several parts.
Don't know much about them - never saw a pic. Probably they were from a village called Riverside. But i googled for information about this place and there are 7 or 8 different villages with this name.
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#80 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Sacred Oath (Tamworth) - The Power Of The Oath - released on 1985.

I was expecting them to be a bit more heavier but it's how things are.
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#81 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Omen - super obscure band :

Image
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#82 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

rumblefist wrote:Sacred Oath (Tamworth) - The Power Of The Oath - released on 1985.

I was expecting them to be a bit more heavier but it's how things are.
Is this more Hard Rockish than Metal?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#83 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Avenger wrote:
rumblefist wrote:Sacred Oath (Tamworth) - The Power Of The Oath - released on 1985.

I was expecting them to be a bit more heavier but it's how things are.
Is this more Hard Rockish than Metal?
It's Metal but with the 2 guitars + vocals very melodic. Just thought with such a name for a band and for a demo would be something really headbanger and it's not. The best track for me it's "On The Borderline" but the guitar solo is very primitive and even with playing mistakes it seems.

On the other hand Omen is way better in my opinion.
Even Saigon with their Saxon influences...
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
loxx
Posts: 17

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#84 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

rumblefist wrote:Omen - super obscure band :

Image
Obscurest. Black vocalist is quite unusual, judging by the clothes very late 70's?

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 pm

loxx wrote:
rumblefist wrote:Omen - super obscure band :

Image
Obscurest. Black vocalist is quite unusual, judging by the clothes very late 70's?
Not that sure - DRAGONFLY (and SAPPHIRE) -

Image

and if i look better here i'm sure i will find more...
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2231
Contact:

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#86 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 pm

rumblefist wrote:
loxx wrote:
rumblefist wrote:Omen - super obscure band :

Image
Obscurest. Black vocalist is quite unusual, judging by the clothes very late 70's?
Not that sure - DRAGONFLY (and SAPPHIRE) -

Image

and if i look better here i'm sure i will find more...
There really weren't too many other black musicians playing in NWoBHM bands, aside from Rudi Revere the only other i can think of off the top of my head was Mel Gaynor who played drums for Samson for a while post-Thunderstick, before joining Simple Minds.
I'm sure there must have been others, but i'm guessing not very many.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#87 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 pm

bigfootkit wrote:
There really weren't too many other black musicians playing in NWoBHM bands, aside from Rudi Revere the only other i can think of off the top of my head was Mel Gaynor who played drums for Samson for a while post-Thunderstick, before joining Simple Minds.
I'm sure there must have been others, but i'm guessing not very many.
There is other black musician - on a Bristol based band. I forgot the name of the band. Anyways i never listened them. I only saw the photos. Sorry, my memory sucks and i really wished to have my things better organized. I should have all NWOBHM and related in just 1 place, i know that.
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
rumblefist
Posts: 855

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:11 am

A polish friend (he should be here, because he knows a lot ) of mine who runs a NWOBHM page and that follows this discussion with some distance sent me these :

This is 1 of the several Overdrive's at that time :

Image

Not sure about who these guys were - maybe Medusa or Tok-io Rose :

Image
Knowledge Is Power

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2231
Contact:

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#89 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 pm

Interesting pix rumblefist.

Image

Samson with Mel Gaynor.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post#90 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 am

These are interesting photos.

I think at one point there was a thread specifically discussing blacks in Metal. Although it wasn't limited to just NWOBHM, it's quite rare regardless.

I just tried to do a quick search but because the search terms I used were so close to "Black Metal" I got over 500 pages of results and don't have the time to dig through them at the moment.

I think it could be a future topic to expand upon if someone wants to take the time to find it. Perhaps an exhaustive list of all the known musicians from a specific time period.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest