Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
shreut

Post by shreut »

Thanks for the info Boris. Mine sounds like the 1983 demo. I don't know if it's complete it has 4 tracks on it. I don't know the names of the songs too, do you?
boris

Post by boris »

Destroya - Demo 1983

1. Violent Streets
2. Victims of War
3. Stay With Me
4. Destroya

Destroya - Enjoy To Destroy Demo 1995

1. Better Way
2. A Little More Each Day
3. Enjoy To Destroy
4. Now You're Going to Die

Destroya - Demo 1996

1. New Age
2. Exit Wound
3. Tortured Life
4. The Oath
boris

Post by boris »

Someone was asking here about Karn Age - well I spoke to the guys who played on it. It was just a project / experiment of John Rigg (Chain Reaction) and he got his former C. Reaction vocalist Derek Hodd (C. Reaction, Cloven Hoof, Panik Attak) to sing on it. The 2 song demo from 1986 (Thunder in Our Hands, Shadowlands) was the only thing recorded.

Anyway, I wanted to upload a couple of bits, can anyone help with web space or whtever ?

Oh and that's how the whole deal looks like :

AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

This thread reminded me that I had some stuff on tape. If you are using Soulseek, I have ripped and uploaded a 7-song demo from Dawnwatcher, plus the original 3-song Race Against Time demo that Boris mentioned. I've also uploaded a 3-song demo from Axe Victims, which is pre-Dealer. It's nothing special, but worth a listen for die-hards. My Soulseek user name is axecrazy. Enjoy!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Hey Boris, I have got that Samurai demo from their guitarist as well. Do you know if this is an original demo like it was spread back in the 80`s or did he just dub it shortly ago?
boris

Post by boris »

roihlem wrote:Hey Boris, I have got that Samurai demo from their guitarist as well. Do you know if this is an original demo like it was spread back in the 80`s or did he just dub it shortly ago?
Looks like he dubbed it lately, but I still need to clear that with him. He's sort of a man of few words this one ...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

please let me know when you know more...
boris

Post by boris »

Sure I'll post here.
At least the Talan 7'' and promo photos he sent me were real ...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

is this Talan 7" worth getting? I am a bit sceptical because of the year...you know I guess it isn`t sounding like typical NWOBHM, right?
boris

Post by boris »

Well it's a good single I think. Sure it sounds more late 80's than NWOBHM, but it's quite good. I'll upload it if you want.
Hope to get to uploads this week.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I will try to get the original one...if I won`t fin it I`ll ask you to upload it :wink:
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Boris a couple of good places to upload are:

www.rapidshare.com

www.megaupload.com
ARC

Post by ARC »

roihlem wrote:is this Talan 7" worth getting? I am a bit sceptical because of the year...you know I guess it isn`t sounding like typical NWOBHM, right?
The TALAN 7'' is definitely worth getting
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ARC wrote:
roihlem wrote:is this Talan 7" worth getting? I am a bit sceptical because of the year...you know I guess it isn`t sounding like typical NWOBHM, right?
The TALAN 7'' is definitely worth getting
Excellent 7''! Both songs are outstanding, very memorable & catchy choruses, great majestic feeling overall!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Satan is Our Pal

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

boris wrote: TOUCHSTONE - that one slays ! can't find the first demo anywhere, but the second one is mighty killer stuff !
Touchstone's 1st demo is also superb and one of my top 5 demo's from the NWOBHM era, the track titles sound a wee bit dodgy though. It was recorded at Goldust Studios in Sidcup Kent - July - August 1982. Engineered by Mark Dawson.

Track listing
1. Two Timer
2. Come Down
3. Anger Queen
4. Good Lovin
5. Caged(9to5 Blues)

John Hurley - g/v
Lee Tricker - g
Dave Orton - b
Dave Lowe - d.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938