South Korean metal recommendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

The Knell wrote:
Warepire wrote: I am fairly sure N.Ex.T - Home came out on Vinyl (might be wrong on this)
I've seen this on CD only...

How's that Nuclear? Looks like cool stuff on the outside.
Jigu pressed vinyl in 1992, so logically there should be a vinyl of it, but only seen the CDs myself as well.

Nuclear is pretty good in my opinion. Here's a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7x90BiWMU
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote:Your photos are missing (besides LPs by already included bands):
Stranger - Sailing Out, that one is in my opinion fairly nice.
Rock N Roll Korea, it's a quite nice compilation.
I am fairly sure N.Ex.T - Home came out on Vinyl (might be wrong on this).
Eve's LP, very nice melodic rock of an all female band.
No, I'm still waiting for my copies of the mentioned vinyls. They (excluding N.Ex.T - never seen on vinyl) are on the list but I haven't had luck yet to get a bargain price.

Nuclear was offered as Thrash to me ... quite disappointing Metal imo. There's an Eden LP available too ... but not in my hands yet. I think nothing can really beat Dyonisus' second LP. If the B-side of Armageddon would be sounding like the A-side then I'd give the crown to Armageddon though.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Stranger is indeed the hardest one (I know of) to find cheap. I had to fork out a bit over 50 euro for my copy.

Rock N Roll Korea doesn't show up often, but I payed 15 euro for a sealed copy.

Don't know why Nuclear is referred to as Thrash, or even Thrash/Death sometimes, they're plain heavy metal / rock in my opinion.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote:Stranger is indeed the hardest one (I know of) to find cheap. I had to fork out a bit over 50 euro for my copy.

15 Euros is ok, the (ebay) prices are usually quite low nowadays, most of the records are available for 4,99 $ with exeption of a few more known stuff. Unfortunately you're right about Stranger, I don't why but it's the most expensive LP. The cheapest copy I saw for sale started with 1 $ (non korean seller) and ended at 48 $. I think one day any korean seller lists a 19,99 $ copy with buy-now option. I just don't have a search started yet coz my interest has moved on to another country at the moment. There are 6 or 7 korean Metal records missing that I know they exist. Btw. have you ever heard that Thunderstorm LP?
Don't know why Nuclear is referred to as Thrash, or even Thrash/Death sometimes, they're plain heavy metal / rock in my opinion.
I think that happens due some smart ass has/had marked then on Metal Archives as Thrash Metal!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Prowler wrote:
Warepire wrote:Stranger is indeed the hardest one (I know of) to find cheap. I had to fork out a bit over 50 euro for my copy.

15 Euros is ok, the (ebay) prices are usually quite low nowadays, most of the records are available for 4,99 $ with exeption of a few more known stuff. Unfortunately you're right about Stranger, I don't why but it's the most expensive LP. The cheapest copy I saw for sale started with 1 $ (non korean seller) and ended at 48 $. I think one day any korean seller lists a 19,99 $ copy with buy-now option. I just don't have a search started yet coz my interest has moved on to another country at the moment. There are 6 or 7 korean Metal records missing that I know they exist. Btw. have you ever heard that Thunderstorm LP?
I have not listened to it, but it's on my wishlist, so I will hear it some day.
I think that happens due some smart ass has/had marked then on Metal Archives as Thrash Metal!
Brilliant! I stopped trying to fix Metal Archives after being banned twice for reporting "false errors", this was 3 years ago and they're genuine errors, they're still there. I don't get that site at all.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Well, Nuclear looks like it could be Thrash or even Death/Thrash :wink: unfortunately not my thing, pretty horrible vocals...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well