PSYCHOTIC WALTZ

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

FAVE PSYCHOTIZ WALTZ ALBUM

A SOCIAL GRACE
64%
INTO THE EVERFLOW
8%
MOSQUITO
4%
BLEEDING
12%
NONE OF THEM - THEY ARE ALL SHITE
12%

Total votes: 25

msp

PSYCHOTIC WALTZ

Post by msp »

I've been listening to this band quite a lot recently. To be fair I only heard them for the first time last year. They are the type of band that would probably not have received any coverage here in the UK back in the day.

Anyone else like this band? They ceratinly have something very distinctive about them and I feel they deserved a lot more, but perhaps the style of music did not fit in with the "latest trends" or whatever in metal at the time. I can't say that they made a made record. "A Social Grace" I like a lot and I have been listening to "Into The Everflow! quite a bit too. I especially like the duelling guitars that solo together at the end of the title track

Anyone else like this band? Anyone hate them and if so why?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Absolutely fantastic and totally unique band. I like all of their albums, even Mosquito which is supposed to be the weakest one has its moments. The first one is their most metallic effort and it's probably the one that will appeal to most metalheads, but my favourite is "Into the everflow" with its otherwordly and blur atmosphere. "Bleeding" is also a great and very underated album and it sounds more metallic than their previous two. Some great demo material as well, especially from the ASLAN days of the band, most of it can be found in "Live and archives" compilation.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

No match, "A Social Grace" hands down ! Wonderful effort, so technic and heavy !
The rest is weaker, and Mosquito unuseful IMHO :?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I never liked this band. In fact you can torture me with them, especially "Into The Everflow", not a single moment there that i can enjoy. And don't tell me, i have to re-listen to it a hundret times, thanks, but no thanks. I'm done with this band.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
hload

Post by hload »

still bleeding for some weberian social grace...

edit: my red 7" signed by buddy when i caught them live (with the great payne's gray) is one of the last to go...
Last edited by hload on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I can't vote for this poll. I only know their first album and I never could get into it, so I never went further. Not my cup of tea.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

i could never get into this band until i did. (best quote ever)
i cannot describe in words how much i adore A social Grace.
I also like a lot of songs on everflow,and i even enjoy bleeding quite a bit.
mosquito is the one album i cannot listen to.
(we do prefer the aslan demo bro dont we)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

"Into the everflow" for me as well. I can't describe it but it has something magic...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

A Social Grace is the only one I've ever heard but it's amazing
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I only remember them as this odd & unlikely Classic Metal demo-band turning up during my late 80's Deathrash tapetrading days. I think I liked it. Maybe I should check out the albums?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Maybe I should check out the albums?
I thought everyone here should have at least checked "A social grace", so yes maybe you should do that.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
pzman

Post by pzman »

I've only heard the first two albums, both very good indeed. Guess its bout time i started checking out the rest.
Marken

Post by Marken »

A good band, but not great.
Bleeding is my favorite although my favoritesong by PW can be found on the second album. Hanging On A String is one of the best ballads ever written.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

A SOCIAL GRACE by a mile - a record that singlehandedly launched them in stardom beyond greatness!

INTO THE EVERFLOW is a distant second

The rest are just "bleh"
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I didn't hear them until a few years ago, but haven't really listened to them enough to really get them. That kind of music needs repeated listens and I just haven't put in enough time I think, though I remember thinking there was something there that made it worth trying to get into.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.