THE PLADS - Domine Deus

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

THE PLADS - Domine Deus

Post#1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Finally i got my copy this week. Thanks for the review, never heard from that band/album before and i was not disappointed one bit after i gave it it's first spin. Fascinating early heavy metal with some nice atmosphere to it.

Songs like "Things Look Different At Night" or "Teenage Situation" to me sound like a metal version of THE CLASH, if you know what i mean, a bit punkish and british.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
LethylSteel
Posts: 401

Post#2 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Interesting what you can hear in that ugly fucker. I seriously can't hear any Metal...more guitar oriented Rock music like early 80's New Wave/Rock stuff REM/U2. Surely a few Hard Rock influences but Metal and heavy? Nah...fortunately my seller took the record back after I've complained for not being Metal. It's quite a shame how people get fooled with this record each and every time and what it still sells for due to the cover artwork. I'd rather prefer Shores of Evening and even that one is a horrible stinker... :lol:

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1580

Post#3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Domine Deus is such a fucking killer tune!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2012

Post#4 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Hearing someone bought this album instantly sends me back to 1988. My old college buddy Tim had this record and I never liked it. I think finally when he dumped his vinyl on me because he was going all cd, I made him keep this record, since I hated it.

User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

Post#5 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Aw, doomedplanet, Darksider, you're breaking my poor, little heart :cry:

I didn't say that every song is a total killer, but the titletrack and the creepy "Things Look Different At Night" alone make this a special album. And "Teenage Situation" is a hit! SHORES OF SANITY, oh my, if you say so. :lol:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
Cochino
Posts: 1698

Post#6 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:50 am

I think the title track is an amazing song. Sadly the rest doesn't really lives up to that great cover, and some are really crappy.

User avatar
LethylSteel
Posts: 401

Post#7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:54 pm

The problem is just the record reaches prices around 60-80 $ easily and only because possible buyers only see the cover artwork! If it would be 5 $ (which it deserves) then it wouldn't be so tragic at all...I'm sure if they'd post soundfiles they'd never get a single Cent for this LP.... :lol:

User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

Post#8 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Darksider wrote:The problem is just the record reaches prices around 60-80 $ easily and only because possible buyers only see the cover artwork! If it would be 5 $ (which it deserves) then it wouldn't be so tragic at all...I'm sure if they'd post soundfiles they'd never get a single Cent for this LP.... :lol:
Maybe, but how many do still spend so much money for an album that they never heard or heard off, just because they like the cover? And there is a song on youtube and a rip of the LP is also circulating. If i were a seller i wound put some sound clips online, because i actually like it. :D
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2012

Post#9 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Amazingly the punks call this album metal, I'm surprised.
are you going to get their 7" too as pictured here? I'm not the least surprised they were punk before they tried to go "metal" and failed:

http://collectorscum.com/volume3/pnw/

User avatar
LethylSteel
Posts: 401

Post#10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Darksider wrote:The problem is just the record reaches prices around 60-80 $ easily and only because possible buyers only see the cover artwork! If it would be 5 $ (which it deserves) then it wouldn't be so tragic at all...I'm sure if they'd post soundfiles they'd never get a single Cent for this LP.... :lol:
Maybe, but how many do still spend so much money for an album that they never heard or heard off, just because they like the cover? And there is a song on youtube and a rip of the LP is also circulating. If i were a seller i wound put some sound clips online, because i actually like it. :D
I even know people who spent 250 $ for an album with a terrible ugly cover and NEVER EVER heard a single tune before... :lol:
That Shores of Evening LP wasn't exactly cheap when I bought it. Now since the rip is up in the www you can't even sell it for 9,99 $ and their music is by far more Metal than The Plads... :wink:

User avatar
Cochino
Posts: 1698

Post#11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 am

Did you ever heard about Wheelz of Steel?

domine deus
Posts: 5
Contact:

Domine deus

Post#12 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Cochino wrote:Did you ever heard about Wheelz of Steel?
Hello from Tom ferry founder of the plads (domine deus) and Black ice hot-n-heavy . I know that theirs 4 songs that are great and 4 songs that don't really suck but are way out of place on this record. We were a punk pop band who tried to transition to HM but failed . our writer just couldn't write hm on his best day. But take into fact he was only 18 years old when he wrote all these songs. He is still playing and is a super accomplished guitarist now. Just take each song as it comes . the worst is sukiyaki. but the vapors turning japanese was huge at the time and we tried to get air play with that one. We finally got air play with teenage situation. whan we were a finalist and got on the KLOS rock to riches lp with dios pet band rough cutt. we got the most air time. and actually both bands recorded in the same studio where i met Ronnie. We have 15 songs never released and plan to release the complete plads cronologically. We have a song called atomic babies. where we kicked bloody dolls into the audience and the fans tore them apart.
I didn't want that album cover but our lable greenworld enigma wanted it. so there you go some background. all I can say is it it totally original and thats saying somethig and was recorded at sound city where fleetwood mac ratt and many other hug stars recorded . that is why the production is superior. engineered by ray leonard. who is a genius and an emmy winner. rayleonardrecords.com. thanks for even talking about it all. Tom Ferry
I am not a robot. I was always a litle behind the music trends please forgive me.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#13 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for the background but commercial success is not of much merit here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

domine deus
Posts: 5
Contact:

DOMINE DEUS SONG

Post#14 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:Domine Deus is such a fucking killer tune!

DIRTY ROCKER: Thank you for the compliment. a guy put it on youtube under devils campfire ,or something like that so you can listen to it. have you heard of RETROSPECT RECORDS? IF NOT LOOK THEM UP. They release lots of old bands that never made it into the big time. some good re-issue stuff. They have offered to re-issue the plads. but we have many songs never released. so it would be great to get them out there. Also going to do cd re-issue of Black ice hot-n-heavy ep.
They take old vinyl and put it onto a real expensive table that copies it to digital format ,takes out any pops and hisses.. I am going to redo the plads into a format that follows the band from its hard wave years to the heavier stuff. With lots of photo,s. Google (black ice superbird) and you will come up with the old band car that my band BLACK ICE used for promotion its so badass too bad i had to sell it. take care . tom ferry the plads black ice- day one- crystal rain- roxx -and a few other bands.
I am not a robot. I was always a litle behind the music trends please forgive me.

domine deus
Posts: 5
Contact:

Post#15 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Avenger wrote:Thanks for the background but commercial success is not of much merit here.
Well I can tell you we did not have commercial success. but every band strives to get it no matter what they say. The rational is that once you make some money you can then concentrate on making projects that you want to without eating from a tuna can. Look at how good metallica once was, now in my humble opinion they suck. so I see what you mean sometimes .commercial success ruined their music diretion. I am tortured with this supposed new hard rock on sierus radio program Called OCTANE.
todays songwriting formula is simple , the song starts out with mellow lead ins then just when your feeling gay they blast out a verse that sounds like someone hurling into a toilet. then back to mellow crap. Thank god for sites like this.
I and the singer for EGO are going to start a new group, sometime and it is going to be very heavy and worthy , At least a couple good songs came out of the plads. just bad marketing on labels commands. I auditioned for metallica before cliff burton- and MAB's new band Nitro also Carmine Appice's King Kobra among others. I was trying to escape the plads. It is a small door and only so many people fit through it no matter how good you are.My old singer from Black Ice is trying out for the voice in L.A. on in feb , I wish him luck as he,s the best unknown singer around. My friend Jess harnell, I hope you know who he is . is now wildly rich and plays what the hell he wants, He does voiceovers and his band plays what the hell it wants to, look him up on IMDB.

oh sorry commercial success is not allowed to be spoken about on here. Ill tell you another then who is happy, our producer ray leonard who has worked with DIO ratt and a gazillion other big bands. former rocker who has 4 emmys for sound mixing.
at least he has a nice home to raise his family. now he does experimental ethereal music. success is not a bad word. I also know singer wally from the group Nevermore. Check them out awesome stuff. I am now ok living in my six story castle . watch for my group THE ICE BARONS, coming out ?????
I am not a robot. I was always a litle behind the music trends please forgive me.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests