How are Diamond Head live nowadays?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Satannick

How are Diamond Head live nowadays?

Post by Satannick »

Just wondering, has anybody here seen Diamond Head live recently? How are they? I only have access to photos, and the vocalist seems a total rock star...
msp

Post by msp »

I saw them live in 2005 @ NWOBHM 25th Anniversary in London. Found them really boring but then I have never been a big fan of this band.

Not sure who the lead singer was but he was a bit of a dick
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Saw them about three years ago at KIT (the Piledriver ,Destructor ,Laaz Rockit ,Sabbat etc etc line up) and i can really safely say i'm glad they're still alive!

To me they were the best band of the festival. Brian Tatler is THE AXEMAN ,his Gibson was firing at will and the guy they had on vox was trully AMAZING! During one song (i think it was "The Prince") the power supply failed and the only thing you could hear was the drums and his voice and ,boy, was he awesome..........................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
DMR

Post by DMR »

I've never seen them, but condsidering they haven't released anything good since 1980, they're probably terrible. Unless they only play songs from Lightning to the Nations.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

DMR wrote:I've never seen them, but condsidering they haven't released anything good since 1980
actually they have...................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Witchkiller wrote:
DMR wrote:I've never seen them, but condsidering they haven't released anything good since 1980
actually they have...................
Including a great live album in 2006(recorded 2005). Though it's been a few years since I've let it swirl.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Cool, thanks guys. Kinda scared me that Brian Tatler is the only original member remaining, but it's good to know they are good live.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I saw them at KIT, same as Witchkiller and agree with what he wrote here. Have to add though, that they are not quite a metal band really. There are quite a lot of Zeppelin-influences in what they do live with some longish instrumental workouts and the vocals are a bit like Bobby Plant. Good quality to what they do, but many metalheads might not like it much.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Have seen em around 2005 or 06 and they were amazing. Will probably go to their next show in my country this November.