Drakar : Let Draka vs Flight of the Dragon

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Mastubator
Posts: 2

Drakar : Let Draka vs Flight of the Dragon

Post#1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 pm

I've heard various good things said about the Czech Drakar over time, that they were some kind of obscure Thrash band with odd sounding riffs (for eg, metal yardsticks on this site. #10 on the Speed / Thrash list? Above Destructor, Renegade and Flames? Must be pretty decent I thought...). I always got the impression that it might be similar to other old Czech bands of the time (Root, Amon, Debustrol etc..), so finding a copy of their first LP for a decent price, I jumped at the opportunity.
I stick the LP on. Wrong side but never mind. The vocals break in...

'Crazee boy! OOOH! CRAHAZEE BAHOYAYOY!'

What the fuck is this? Its as though I'm trapped in some queer kareoke, where Dr Zoidberg is doing the vocals. Its the most homoerotic gurgle I've heard. And its shit! The entire album is horrifically shit! 'Mystic Metal of Prague' my ass...

So is this some kind of trick, all these old metalheads are sniggering behind my back as they tell the ignorant and naive 'yeah mate, Drakar! Great LP that! (hurhurhur...) You'll want to buy it now while its still cheap!'. Admittedly I've got the Flight of the Dragon English version, is the Czech one any better? I've noticed that I Hate recs will be re-issueing both of the two on one CD, is it worth getting for the 'Let Draka' version?

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 pm

haha... don't check out the kdyz se lame cas album 1995...honestly i enjoy Let Draka, but I only know the czech version. It's fucked up yes but not queer or dr. zoidberg from what i remember

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1699

Post#3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Never heard the english version. i have the czech version and I enjoy it to some extent, not a masterpiece or anything but very interesting and definitely unique.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
daniel
Posts: 1992

Post#4 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

I have the English one. Yeah, some real crap on there, and a few cool riffs, definetely not too powerful.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.

Obsessed by Metal
Posts: 57
Contact:

Post#5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 pm

bunch of wankers Flight... is a great album! heavy as hell with this gritty vibe only Czech bands can pull off!
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Re: Drakar : Let Draka vs Flight of the Dragon

Post#6 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Mastubator wrote:What the fuck is this? Its as though I'm trapped in some queer kareoke, where Dr Zoidberg is doing the vocals. Its the most homoerotic gurgle I've heard. And its shit! The entire album is horrifically shit! 'Mystic Metal of Prague' my ass...

So is this some kind of trick, all these old metalheads are sniggering behind my back as they tell the ignorant and naive 'yeah mate, Drakar! Great LP that! (hurhurhur...) You'll want to buy it now while its still cheap!'. Admittedly I've got the Flight of the Dragon English version, is the Czech one any better? I've noticed that I Hate recs will be re-issueing both of the two on one CD, is it worth getting for the 'Let Draka' version?
I don't know, but I'll definitely pick up the re-issue 'cause what you describe sounds like a recipe for success to me. :D

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Re: Drakar : Let Draka vs Flight of the Dragon

Post#7 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:46 am

Mastubator wrote:I stick the LP on. Wrong side but never mind. The vocals break in...

'Crazee boy! OOOH! CRAHAZEE BAHOYAYOY!'

What the fuck is this? Its as though I'm trapped in some queer kareoke, where Dr Zoidberg is doing the vocals. Its the most homoerotic gurgle I've heard. And its shit! The entire album is horrifically shit! 'Mystic Metal of Prague' my ass...

So is this some kind of trick, all these old metalheads are sniggering behind my back as they tell the ignorant and naive 'yeah mate, Drakar! Great LP that! (hurhurhur...) You'll want to buy it now while its still cheap!'.
I actually laughed so hard while reading this that I had to turn away and get a hold of myself for a second before reading the rest. :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
The Sentinel
Posts: 3504

Post#8 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Hahaha; first post and going berserk on Drakar :lol:
Long Live The Loud !!!

User avatar
The Erlking
Posts: 2025

Post#9 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Haha, Crazy Boy rules :lol: Let Draka is great album imo.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance

Mastubator
Posts: 2

Post#10 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:27 pm

The Knell wrote:haha... don't check out the kdyz se lame cas album 1995...
Is that one worse...?
It does contain some curious sounding riffs, similar to that pre fall of Communism sound that most Russian bands had, a very different riff structure to Western bands. But the vocals kill it, the only listenable track on there is 'Crown of the Clown' because he doesn't speak in a bizarre childish croak. 'Monster Brain' seems similar to Tormentor's 'Tormentor II' regarding the lyrics, but its almost like finding you're being possessed by an extremely camp ghost. And 'The snatcher' just seems like something from Chitty-chitty-bang-bang...

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#11 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Mastubator wrote:
The Knell wrote:haha... don't check out the kdyz se lame cas album 1995...
Is that one worse...?
.
It's not metal, awfully boring pop/folk/tribal rock tape

User avatar
Stormspell
Posts: 2305
Contact:

Post#12 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:22 am

Maminkooo, ya sam se posralaaaaaa
Zbrshi seeeee
Nemam knijkuuuuuuu...

Yeah, Czech language can be extremely hilarious at times

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron