Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

roihlem wrote:Tschornyi Kofe`s "Perestupi Porog" is also a fucking classic of melodic Heavy Metal in case that noone mentioned it...
I second this. Their music may not be the heaviest from their time, but this album is full of feeling. That's what I like in Metal too, be it the melancholic feeling of some russian bands or the youth energy of some NWOBHM bands.

And anyone has heard the last OBLACHNYJ KRAJ album? I've ordered it today through eBay (seller www.RussianDVD.com) and I'm eager to listen ot it.
Gott ist tot.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Mr Nuke wrote:And anyone has heard the last OBLACHNYJ KRAJ album? I've ordered it today through eBay (seller www.RussianDVD.com) and I'm eager to listen ot it.
No, but I have the reunion CD from 99/00 (or thereabouts) and it's less Metal than for instance "Svobody Zahoteli?", more progressive and weird, like an updated version of the mid-80s stuff. Give us a few words on it when you recieve it.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:
Do you have any other material w/ LAMIA except for the one-song demo/video?
That LAMIA band is it good?It seems interesting :lol: Any infos about them when their demos were relleased?I want that band mainly due to its name or...?
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Anyone heard Holostoi Vystrel? Their LP from 1993 "Totalnij Ishod" any good? No Shah-alike death/thrash hopefully?
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Metalipeiklo wrote:Anyone heard Holostoi Vystrel? Their LP from 1993 "Totalnij Ishod" any good? No Shah-alike death/thrash hopefully?
It's Death/Thrash but not like SHAH. More like a brutalized, primitive version of FRONT - very "Russian" sounding w/ hysteric & insane vox :twisted:
I dearly regret getting rid of a copy years ago. I used to see it on record fairs ever so often, but now it's been ages :(
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Joel here is the Holostoj Vystrel LP:
http://ifolder.ru/f20355

It is my fave extreme Russian LP together with the Kruger LP. Savage stuff.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Destrozer wrote:Joel here is the Holostoj Vystrel LP:

Thanks a lot Tavarisj Tony "Destrozer"! Too bad that these russian servers sometimes aren't too quick. 42 hours of downloading time left - for one song... :)
Fun records
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

is this really hard to get? I would expect Alfred Roth to always stock something like this.
DaN wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:Anyone heard Holostoi Vystrel? Their LP from 1993 "Totalnij Ishod" any good? No Shah-alike death/thrash hopefully?
It's Death/Thrash but not like SHAH. More like a brutalized, primitive version of FRONT - very "Russian" sounding w/ hysteric & insane vox :twisted:
I dearly regret getting rid of a copy years ago. I used to see it on record fairs ever so often, but now it's been ages :(
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
Destrozer wrote:Joel here is the Holostoj Vystrel LP:

Thanks a lot Tavarisj Tony "Destrozer"! Too bad that these russian servers sometimes aren't too quick. 42 hours of downloading time left - for one song... :)
I've found this link on Metal Archives:

http://rapidshare.com/files/9548270/HV93TI320.rar.html

This link works as I downloading it right now.

I think someone from Russia offered me this on trade a few years ago, but I didn't accept it because he wanted insane stuff for this LP and I didn't knew the music.

BTW, I always had problems downloading on this ifolder website, since it seems that there are no active link.

DaN wrote:No, but I have the reunion CD from 99/00 (or thereabouts) and it's less Metal than for instance "Svobody Zahoteli?", more progressive and weird, like an updated version of the mid-80s stuff. Give us a few words on it when you recieve it.
No problem! I'll get it in two weeks or so I guess.
Gott ist tot.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

This Holostoj Vystrel LP is the Russian "INRI"! 8)
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Mr Nuke: Thanks a lot for the link, already downloaded.

Destrozer: Yea damn, Holostoj Vystrel is some brutal stuff. Genuine too, a good dose of insanity! Very good comparison of Russia and INRI.
Fun records
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Does someone have heard AVGUST ?
They had a couple of albums out in the 80's.
boris

Post by boris »

omen of hate wrote:Does someone have heard AVGUST ?
They had a couple of albums out in the 80's.
one of the main acts in Russian HM is AVGUST.
They were playing some wimpy crap in the early 80's, and had 3 tape albums and 2 live shows recorded with this. Later when they moved to the LP stage they released 2 surprisingly good metal albums in 1987 and 1989. in 2003 and 2004 they had 2 additional metal CD's released. I think I have all their material. it was available for doanload on their website at some point. They still keep playing live in Russia.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the info !
humus

Post by humus »

Holostoi Vystrel sounds insane! The flat sound is probably just because it got ripped too loud right? Sucks that getting an original doesn't look easy...