Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
boris

Post by boris »

Vol'naya Staya (formerly just Staya) are a girl band managed by Alexey Strike (Master guitarist). The second from the right on the photo is Nataliya Terekhova, who was the Lamia guitarist back in the 80's.

I have the original CD, pretty nice heavy metal. Terekhova contributes a lot to the guitar sound.
Cost me around $5-$6 as any Russian pressing, and it's quite recommended !
Nice video ckip too :)

EDIT : here's the video

http://files.mastersland.com/files/atom ... /Staya.mpg
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Thanx a lot Boris for the info=>quick response and the videoclip link.I like them very much apart from hotties(as nearly all Russian girls are) they play Heavy Metal.Is band becoming popular in Russia i mean does they play on TV or media? :? I think they have the potential to become a big hit at least in Russia! 8)
boris

Post by boris »

Well they are getting a lot of promotion, play at popular venues in Moscow etc. They might become big. The good looks help quite a lot here I guess 8)
chemicalexposure

Post by chemicalexposure »

Hi I am new to this site and was stoked to see this thread right away! Learned some new things...for what its worth check out my blog on Russian/Soviet metal 1980-1995
http://houseofsuffering.blogspot.com

I recommed Death Vomit, iron Stream, Great Sorrow and Master especially...if anyone has Russian metal to trade/sell contact me! Thanks.
peterott

Post by peterott »

just resurrect this thread a little, but first I bought the Legion - Knights Of Cross LP with such a nice and cool Metal cover, then I did put the needle on the vinyl and after 33min I am more than stunned to actually have paid money for this piece of !?##$%§...
ZOMBIE

Post by ZOMBIE »

peterott wrote:just resurrect this thread a little, but first I bought the Legion - Knights Of Cross LP with such a nice and cool Metal cover, then I did put the needle on the vinyl and after 33min I am more than stunned to actually have paid money for this piece of !?##$%§...
You are not the only one...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

peterott wrote:just resurrect this thread a little, but first I bought the Legion - Knights Of Cross LP with such a nice and cool Metal cover, then I did put the needle on the vinyl and after 33min I am more than stunned to actually have paid money for this piece of !?##$%§...
:lol: I thought I had warned as many people as possible about this piece of regurgitated fecal-matter. You never got a copy of "Incredibly Strange Metal"?
peterott

Post by peterott »

DaN wrote:
:lol: I thought I had warned as many people as possible about this piece of regurgitated fecal-matter. You never got a copy of "Incredibly Strange Metal"?
yes, I got it directly from you in your catacombs if you remember, but I totally forgot about this song... 12 Euros out of the window, dead and gone...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Is it really that bad? I gonna check it out, maybe it's another "too bad it's actually good" LP's. Is it something like the more Power Metal version of bands like Malicious Onslaught??
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:Is it really that bad? I gonna check it out, maybe it's another "too bad it's actually good" LP's. Is it something like the more Power Metal version of bands like Malicious Onslaught??
No, this one belongs in the "so bad it's fucking irritating"-cathegory. Never heard MO.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Is it really that bad? I gonna check it out, maybe it's another "too bad it's actually good" LP's. Is it something like the more Power Metal version of bands like Malicious Onslaught??
No, this one belongs in the "so bad it's fucking irritating"-cathegory. Never heard MO.
I'll upload it this weekend, it's like acid - trippers creating a death metal album.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:acid - trippers
So they must be Dutch then. :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

peterott wrote:
DaN wrote:
yes, I got it directly from you in your catacombs if you remember, but I totally forgot about this song... 12 Euros out of the window, dead and gone...
Hey DaN, do you still have a copy of ISM? somewhere? Could you make more copies or was it a proper CD release?
I am ... the One you warned me of
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:acid - trippers
So they must be Dutch then. :lol:
Seems we have a good reputation outside the country :lol:
Long Live The Loud !!!