Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

ION BRITTON wrote:Yeah, words fail to describe the insanity that is BELADONNA. Truly spine chilling horror metal with the most retarded drums I've ever heard. THE EATEN ONE!
I love the drumming though.Opposite from the metronome!

I imagine them as a pic of the band in the graveyard with corpsepaint and spikes.Surely the cultiest band of the whole Soviet Union!
tj

Post by tj »

Anyone interested in getting Russian releases can try to contact me - I'm into trades and always interested in more new music, can look for some stuff.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Varvar singer Anatolij Zvonar' and his new project; really awsome stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JE22B1GzYM
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Is Metalism Records from Moskva reliable? They have some nice classic CCCP metal in their mailorder, so wonder if anyone deal with them?

http://metalrus.ru/list-c-metalism_records.html
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

bastard priest wrote:Is Metalism Records from Moskva reliable? They have some nice classic CCCP metal in their mailorder, so wonder if anyone deal with them?

http://metalrus.ru/list-c-metalism_records.html
Reliable as in quality releases or reliable as in will send the stuff to you?
If the first: All the releases I have are of lossless source and the CDs are typical Russian quality when it comes to legal releases (on par with CD Maximum and IROND)

Second: I tried to order from them directly a few times but I never managed to decipher the replies... So I usually get my copies from eBay and the likes.
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

I'm thinking to order directly from them, but not their releases : Aria, Kruiz etc...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

bastard priest wrote:I'm thinking to order directly from them, but not their releases : Aria, Kruiz etc...
I don't have any experience with completed purchases... they reply to my inquisitions in very cryptic translator English, at least last year when I tried to order some of their releases, perhaps they have learned some better English now.

If it fails you can order from Wanderer on CDandLP.com, I dealt with him a few times and he is very reliable.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Elvenefris wrote:Today I heard Zhelezny Potok's Infinite Pain album and wow, excellent Thrash Metal, the vocals are in Russian but damn, the musicianship and the compositions are amazing, simply amazing.
ZHELEZNY POTOK-Znamenie

is the best Russian thrash metal album together with KORROZIA METALLA-Orden Satani

Other great thrash metal bands are GILJOTINA-Voy from Tjumen with a great album 1992
and ASPID.

FRONT-Metalizachija and BELADONNA aren't considered thrash metal exactly but rip.

D.I.V,HOLOSTOJ VYSTREL and MORTIFER are good.
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Warepire wrote:I don't have any experience with completed purchases... they reply to my inquisitions in very cryptic translator English, at least last year when I tried to order some of their releases, perhaps they have learned some better English now.

If it fails you can order from Wanderer on CDandLP.com, I dealt with him a few times and he is very reliable.
Well I'll give a try to Metalism since communication is fast and their english is improved for sure :)
Hans

Post by Hans »

At a record fair today, i saw an I think russian LP, it had a nice cover, something like: an angel with a cross in its hand in the sky signaling to earth anybody knows what it is? I didnt pick it up, i'm sorry already..
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Hans wrote:At a record fair today, i saw an I think russian LP, it had a nice cover, something like: an angel with a cross in its hand in the sky signaling to earth anybody knows what it is? I didnt pick it up, i'm sorry already..
This one???

Hans

Post by Hans »

no not that one.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Vaggelis wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Yeah, words fail to describe the insanity that is BELADONNA. Truly spine chilling horror metal with the most retarded drums I've ever heard. THE EATEN ONE!

I imagine them as a pic of the band in the graveyard with corpsepaint and spikes.Surely the cultiest band of the whole Soviet Union!
Vaggelis just tipped me off on these guys and I seem to have missed out completely... Didn't find any files on Metalrus, so who's sharing?
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

DaN wrote:
Vaggelis wrote:

Vaggelis just tipped me off on these guys and I seem to have missed out completely... Didn't find any files on Metalrus, so who's sharing?
Wait a bit i will send you the link i am uploading.Drink some beers more and hear them and will be in the exact mood. :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Just listening to Beladonna. At first I wasn't sure if it was a human or a chicken on vocals. :lol:
Great stuff.