Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

Acke wrote:For all fans of Antonina Zhmakova:

Raund http://metalrus.ru/plug-e-files-c-raund ... orama.html
Thanks a bucket! WHAT A VOICE! (small yellow circular smiley: resembling Pacman on January 1st 1978*...but head-on)

*chubby from Christmas dindins
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

This band is really influenced by USPM and the lyrics are in English, but I believe they have a unique sound, partly because they are from Siberia:

http://www.myspace.com/blackswordmetal
hload

Post by hload »

hload wrote:
hload wrote:
Destrozer wrote: Bump for great melodic Metal.

how much for the russian vavel? godly silky steele!

:( :? :cry:

bump for the destrozer dude. house life my man? you can't post a fekking link like that and then disappear...
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Salve, friends! Still around, lurking in the dark corners of the forum.
:D
hload

Post by hload »

Destrozer wrote:Salve, friends! Still around, lurking in the dark corners of the forum.
:D
spaciba,my man. how much for that krizis lp? :D
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:Image

Is this any good and worth getting? Also, what are the band and the album called. My knowledge of Russian language is almost non-existent,

This is actually Soyuz's first album, Igor Romanov's band in the 80's.

Due to censorship problem with russian authority (they didn't allow the band to use the name "Soyuz" that means Unity for an heavy metal band. "Soyuz" was the first russian airship thrown into space and became a mythical symbol for russian government. You can read the notes on the metal archives) they were forced to change the band's name in "Igor Romanov and his band" (that's the meaning of the words under the logo: "Romanov i ego gruppa" is written in cyrillic lowercase, so that's why you can't find such letterforms. Cyrillic lowercase is completely different than uppercase and many letterforms may be confused with italic ones in the lowercase form)

This first Lp has never been reprinted on CD while the 2nd Lp "Krasnyi svet" (Red light) finally released under the name "Soyuz" was reprinted on CD some years ago with a completely different artwork. The original artwork is amazing and scarey while the CD edition is crap. Metal-archives says the CD edition has a different tracklist: there are simply 4 bonus track addedd between the original Lp songs. The cover you see on the M-A is the original cover of the 2nd Lp, which is simply amazing.

But I don't like both of them. Maybe this first effort is a bit better than the 2nd lp but that's not my cup of tea.
Elvenefris

Post by Elvenefris »

I'm really unaware of 80's metal music from Russia, this is quite an informative thread. I love Russian Doom Metal bands, it's the place, there's something there that buries sorrow and the cold into Russian Doom.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Thanks !
Your infos have been lots of useful !
To be honest with you guys, Russian Metal & Latin America Metal (80's obviously ) are a great discovery for me...
So many good bands, albuns and tapes...
Elvenefris

Post by Elvenefris »

Today I heard Zhelezny Potok's Infinite Pain album and wow, excellent Thrash Metal, the vocals are in Russian but damn, the musicianship and the compositions are amazing, simply amazing.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Elvenefris wrote:Today I heard Zhelezny Potok's Infinite Pain album and wow, excellent Thrash Metal, the vocals are in Russian but damn, the musicianship and the compositions are amazing, simply amazing.
Sounds interesting, but are you implying that Russian vocals can't be amazing? :?
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

1 of the best Russian albuns (cass-album in this case) i listened so far is:

Krasnyi Rassvet - 1st album of 1989 !

Killer Shit that goes from Speed Metal to Balls To The Wall influenced tunes...
I really recommend this !
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Thanks for that recommendation on Krasniy Rassvet. The s/t song from their demo is a total Soviet murderer! :twisted:
Fun records
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Я замурован в город is a crusher
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

More people shall discover BELADONNA!(Ultra Horror metal/combined with Doom/Thrash) with hysterical vocals.

Giannis(Ion Britton) knows very well this band.We have spend many hours hearing that crazy,cult band from the Ural.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yeah, words fail to describe the insanity that is BELADONNA. Truly spine chilling horror metal with the most retarded drums I've ever heard. THE EATEN ONE!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart