Opinions about re-releases of old classics

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

metalmaster wrote:
Shit, I've ordered a Bathory: Blood fire death LP, because my old vinyl went to hell. I don't have it yet but it's a rerelease with clear vinyl, don't know if it's Black mark
Nah, take it easy, you'll live with it :wink:
Fun records
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
metalmaster wrote:
Shit, I've ordered a Bathory: Blood fire death LP, because my old vinyl went to hell. I don't have it yet but it's a rerelease with clear vinyl, don't know if it's Black mark
Nah, take it easy, you'll live with it :wink:
I wouldnt!!! In fact I stil have those lp due to certain obssession towards anything bearing the name Bathory... :shock: :shock:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I will only buy a re-issue if it has bonus tracks & extra liner notes or has never been released on CD etc...

yesss the Karthago, Axe Killer & High Vaultage re-issues are exceptional. All have great sound & quality booklets.

I recently acquired most of the Roadrunner/Metal Mind re-issues & while the music content on the discs is very good the packaging is not so great. The digi-paks are very frail & the actual printing is nothing special...the Bulldozer Box Set rules tho'

...the Reborn Classics releases (even tho' they are bootlegs) are also worth having too I reckon, it's kinda cult & collectible in a way...?

The Bathory Box Set layout & info from BM was terrrrible!
Arrrgh, I love the music but the box set is nothing special at all...surely an artist such as Bathory deserves more attention & detail especially when it comes to putting together a 'definitive' box set...and also when the label manager/owner is his father!!!!???

Another re-issue label worth checking out is: www.aztecmusic.net
It's an Aussie label that is only re-issuing long-lost Aust. releases...

They have recently 'officially' released the Buffalo albums & Kahvas Jute on CD (both command high prices on original vinyl). They may also be re-issuing (on CD soon) hard to get albums from Depression, Gash, Renegade & Nothing Sacred...so look out! :D

Does anyone know when a HELL (UK) CD/LP re-release will be happening??????
odin

Post by odin »

I own Hallows Eve,Voivod and Fates Warning boxsets from Metal Blade they are very well done and rather inexpensive and so are alot of things from the metal blade website,although metal blade has been releasing bullshit in recent years I feel brian slagel has done a good job on these reissues,roadrunner two from the vaults are pretty good but the packaging is not the best,but like I said I only care about getting 2 albums and bonus tracks for the price of one in alot of cases, call me cheap or whatever, but I feel its a good way to save for bands you like more or that will never have such a thing anyway,I forgot the names of the similar line to these,roadrunner normal reissues seem to be pretty good as well with the bonus tracks and such but mercyful fates - melissa sort of pissed me off as I already had the two from the vaults they Re-released August 30, 2005 as CD/DVD set with tons of bonus stuff and a dvd live at Eindhoven in 83.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

The best rerelease I´ve ever seen is the Root "Dema" Boxset put out by N.W.N., the Reencarnacion DOLP is also splendid, this is how old classics should be threatened!
Levi

Post by Levi »

Korgüll wrote: I recently acquired most of the Roadrunner/Metal Mind re-issues & while the music content on the discs is very good the packaging is not so great. The digi-paks are very frail & the actual printing is nothing special...
Yeah, bought the second Solitude Aeturnus album from those series and the booklet has one page double, it doesn't really fit well in the digipack and there's some sort of error in the fade-out of one song. So no more Metal Mind products for me!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I 100% agree with the statements about the Metal Minds reedition. I was so excited about those reeditions ( so much killer albums : Atrophy, Sadus, Realm, Xentrix, Pestilence, ...) that I bought many of them, and I was terribly deceived and angry when I received them !! Booklets are so small (when there's one !!), sometimes there are some errors on the track listings, ...
It's a pity to treat all those great albums like this, avoid !!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Talking about reeditions, MORSURE "Acceleration Process" (+ Bonus :the demo tracks) has been reedited by Nunslaughter Records :

http://www.hellsheadbangers.com/index2.html