Sickest rehearsals/live stuff?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
peterott

Post by peterott »

Violence and Sickness ??

==> Svaty Vincent. It can't get more insane than this guy. Great LP.

==> Genocidio's debut MLP from 1988. One of the most insane and violent releases from Brazil ever.

==> Liers In Wait's coverversion of "Angel Of Death" on the Satanic Slaughter II compilation. Unbelievably insane.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Great LP.
Let's not overdo things, Peter. Cult? Yes. Demented? Yes. Funny? Yes. Great? Oh god no...
peterott

Post by peterott »

DaN wrote:
Great LP.
Let's not overdo things, Peter. Cult? Yes. Demented? Yes. Funny? Yes. Great? Oh god no...
Gotcha :)

Well, let's phrase it this way: somehow fascinating and shocking at the same time. I always wonder, for what reason the resonsible A&R manager at Monitor Rec. signed Svaty Vincent, haha...

Unfortunately my Czech is non-existant. Would be nice to translate these interviews:
http://www.jedinak.cz/stranky/txtvenera.html
http://www.jedinak.cz/stranky/venera1.html (picture)

or

http://www.sprcha.com/story/2003/5/21/21847/7979
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Let's restart this old thread. I've downloaded from Tomas a pre-SAINT VITUS rehearsal (when they still were named TYRANT (1978)), it's really good, total heavy SABBATH worship !!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:I got a fucking raging pre-LP CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER live tape somewhere, where they're playing at a house party. I definitely need to check that one out.
Fuck! That would be great to hear!

Some Wehrmacht demo/rehearsal stuff, I could imagine ..would be truly insane!

I have a Bestial Warlust rehearsal somewhere on tape, and from memory it is total insanity!
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

peterott wrote:Violence and Sickness ??

==> Svaty Vincent. It can't get more insane than this guy. Great LP.

==> Genocidio's debut MLP from 1988. One of the most insane and violent releases from Brazil ever.

==> Liers In Wait's coverversion of "Angel Of Death" on the Satanic Slaughter II compilation. Unbelievably insane.
And the "Spiritually uncontrolled art" album is quite wierd too
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

For Dan -again...:wink:...and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9mlKu_UrN4
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Surely that's "Engendro 666", not "Mutacion..."? Still an ace clip. Size of that crowd!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

One of the sickest live clips ever! Just love that one.

Fuck was I disappointed when those other "Parabellum" clips on YouTube turned out to be some crappy punk band :evil:
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

DaN wrote:Fuck was I disappointed when those other "Parabellum" clips on YouTube turned out to be some crappy punk band :evil:
They're a french band, quite hyped here...

Well, this PARABELLUM video is kinda sick, something really different than what we can experience here. It looks like the public has taken drugs or so.

Early MORBID ANGEL shows were kinda sick, with a very evil atmosphere.
Gott ist tot.
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

anthares wrote:Ruidos Absurdos, SP Caos etc live tape (I am pretty sure that there is a riot or warfare going on at stage)
Janne of Selfish taped these for me... noisy stuff!

My favorite MASTER (US) recording is a rehearsal tape from 1985. Really powerful.

If you like superfast early death metal you can't ignore the insane rehearsal demos by INSANITY and ARCHENEMY (US).

And the best things MASSACRE (Florida) ever recorded were their soundboard live tapes. Far superior to their demos.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Morbid Tapes wrote:
My favorite MASTER (US) recording is a rehearsal tape from 1985. Really powerful.
Agreed, it's one of my favourite Death Metal releases of all times. Harsh, sick and relentless!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Morbid Tapes wrote:
Agreed, it's one of my favourite Death Metal releases of all times. Harsh, sick and relentless!
Is that thing somehow available? Master is great!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It has been rereleasd from From Beyond Rec. on CD. I couldn't find it easily, but finally i bought it quite recently for a normal price...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Nah, the LP/CD on From Beyond is their infamous unreleased LP from 1985, not the rehearsal tape I was talking about! (sound quality is so-so since OG tapes seem to be lost) The rehearsal tape is even better than that... it's from August 1985.