Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Did Bathory and Attack from Germany ever played live and who has seen them?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Crucifixion's 'green eyes' EP on green vinyl. Pretty sure it exists, but never seen it with my own eyes.
According to Malc's book it's supposed to be on "marbled vinyl", besides the more common black and purple. Never heard of a green one!
I'm not sure what Malc's 'marbled' reference is to, may mean some have black and purple mixed together from when the dye was changed over?
I've seen the green version on want lists and one friend swears he saw a copy a few years ago, although there's a chance he was mistaken.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
daniel

Post by daniel »

I believe Bathory never played live, but Quorthon had planned to play, because I've talked to Renfield, ex-drummer with Count Raven, while tagging along with them on tour here in Finland some years ago and he said he had been rehearsing with Quorthon a few times with the intention of playing live, but somehow it fell through. an't remember the reason, might've been that Quorthon wasn't quite happy with the way it sounded.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

daniel wrote:I believe Bathory never played live, but Quorthon had planned to play, because I've talked to Renfield, ex-drummer with Count Raven, while tagging along with them on tour here in Finland some years ago and he said he had been rehearsing with Quorthon a few times with the intention of playing live, but somehow it fell through. an't remember the reason, might've been that Quorthon wasn't quite happy with the way it sounded.
I believe the same.They never played live although it was strange that Quorthon was mentioning in old interviews that "Our shows are full of energy..." or whatever.
mordred

Post by mordred »

According to original Bathory drummer Jonas Åkerlund Bathory did play a few shows ealy on, before the first album was recorded.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Somebody heard or saw live the first Peruvian Extreme Metal horde Hastur ?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote:I'm not sure what Malc's 'marbled' reference is to, may mean some have black and purple mixed together from when the dye was changed over?
I've seen the green version on want lists and one friend swears he saw a copy a few years ago, although there's a chance he was mistaken.
Perhaps there is a Crucifixion/Paralex mixup. Both covers are a bit similar, and the Paralex EP is on green vinyl.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I'm mostly wondering if those albums were really pressed on CDs already back in the 80s ...

1) Target - Mission Executed
2) Black Shephard - Immortal Aggression
3) Mandator - Initial Velocity
4) Violent Force - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow
<Some people say that they do and that they even own them. Don't need the words, just pictures>
Glockose

Re: Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Post by Glockose »

DaN wrote: 3. EMERALD CITY???
What would you like to know sir?

It is NOT a metal LP......
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

I don't know if this is true or not, it's sort of my own theory; Does anyone notice how similar the production is on that Exorcist album and the Original Sin album? I'm pretty sure Original Sin is just Virgin Steele with Dave Defeis' sister on vocals. That or it was all just done in the same session or same studio. Regardless, it sounds exactly alike.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

sovdat wrote:I'm mostly wondering if those albums were really pressed on CDs already back in the 80s ...

<Some people say that they do and that they even own them. Don't need the words, just pictures>
I saw 2 times the CD of Black Shepherd here (with the demo tracks) i think is a chilean version...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

MetalizeR wrote:
sovdat wrote:I'm mostly wondering if those albums were really pressed on CDs already back in the 80s ...

I saw 2 times the CD of Black Shepherd here (with the demo tracks) i think is a chilean version...
Yeah, that's the recent reissue ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-SHEPHERD-Immo ... 3ef903be82
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

mordred wrote:According to original Bathory drummer Jonas Åkerlund Bathory did play a few shows ealy on, before the first album was recorded.
Probably that's true.But still i don't know anyone that can confirm seeing them live.
And what about Attack?I would like to hear from some older German friends here.
Hail
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I'm brainstorming hard on the BLACK SHEPHERD matter since I've read your post. I'm almost sure it was released on CD, but I've checked this evening in my Lp's and Cd's, I only have the vynil and in 1988, I was offered my first CD player, Cd's were new to me and I was only buying CD's back then, so if it was released on CD why did I buy the Lp ???? :?: :?:

I'll ask some old friends in Belgium about this in November ...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Angelheart wrote:
mordred wrote:According to original Bathory drummer Jonas Åkerlund Bathory did play a few shows ealy on, before the first album was recorded.
Probably that's true.But still i don't know anyone that can confirm seeing them live.
They probably played in front of some friends that just didn't give a shit and until this day have no idea they witnessed something mythical. :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D