Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Always wanted to know... Whats the song you can hear slightly in the background of "the sybling" with Militia... :evil:
If you mean the bootleg 7", that's Fates Warning, right?
DaN
Administructor

Re: Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Post by DaN »

tbieri wrote:
DaN wrote: 2. HAZ from Argentina - what are their albums like? Where do I find them?
First Mystery solved !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKUfH8PQM48

I have their second LP. It sounds much better than the video. More guitars and less keyboards, but still very melodic. Nice but not really groundbreaking ! This song is not on my LP.
Huge thanx for the tip! This one sounds dead-on early ARKANGEL = Goodgood! Seems to be from their '83 debut LP. Any chance of an upload of that 2nd LP?
glockose wrote:
DaN wrote: 3. EMERALD CITY???
What would you like to know sir?

It is NOT a metal LP......
Well that's sad news for a start :( That ultra-primitive sleeve pic you posted at Miskatonic ages ago looked really interesting, hence my obsession. Not sure if it's the same band that Knut mentioned. Any chance of a soundbite?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Kostas_Kailiazis wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Always wanted to know... Whats the song you can hear slightly in the background of "the sybling" with Militia... :evil:
If you mean the bootleg 7", that's Fates Warning, right?
I've wondered about that too. Question is, is this only audiable on the 7" bootleg? Sounds like a typical tape-copy-artifact-phenomenon-thing..
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

A vinyl rehab clinic? Hmmm, so does that involve a 12" program instead of a 12 step program? :)

Re: collecting and prices, sellers really don't dictate prices the way they used to in the days of mail order lists. With ebay now being the dominant marketplace for metal vinyl, the buyers set the pace; if an album always sells for $500, it's because there are always people out there willing to pay $500 for it, not b/c the seller it charging that much for it. Tools like popsike help define prices too, and again, that's based on what copies have actually sold for, not what sellers wanted for them. I agree the prices don't always make sense, but heck, many people now feel it's stupid to pay $10 for a cd when you can just d/l.

Things only have the value we give to them.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote:
tbieri wrote:
DaN wrote: 2. HAZ from Argentina - what are their albums like? Where do I find them?
First Mystery solved !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKUfH8PQM48

I have their second LP. It sounds much better than the video. More guitars and less keyboards, but still very melodic. Nice but not really groundbreaking ! This song is not on my LP.
Huge thanx for the tip! This one sounds dead-on early ARKANGEL = Goodgood! Seems to be from their '83 debut LP. Any chance of an upload of that 2nd LP?
Yes, it's from their first. Proof is here ;
http://www.rockhechovenezuela.com/haz.htm

No chance for an upload, sorry ! I don't have the equipement and no plans to start with.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

When the fuck is going to be released the new HEATHEN album???, it's been delayed since the demo 2005 :lol:

Also about Heathen, in an interview, David White and Lee Altus said that they couldn't stand Breaking the Silence because of the awful production, that the producer just fucked everything up. I wonder how this album would sound with the production they wanted...
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

DaN wrote: 1. Where the HELL is John Cyris??
Not sure where he is, but isn't his real name supposedly João Campos? That last Stellar Seed recording was really interesting. Didn't like it much at first, but the weird approach grew on me.

OK... I've been wondering about this since the late 80's, but I remember reading a review of some White Metal demo band called Metal Messiah (I think), and they had a recording called "Crush Satan's Balls." The only reason I remember this is because of the title, and I have never been able to find anything about this band since. I know there are some other "Metal Messiah" bands, but they're not the one I read the review of. I wish I could recall what magazine I read it in, because that would help tremendously. Anyone who could find this would be the recipient of my eternal thanks, because I've been trying to find this since 89/90 or so.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Chafe wrote:When the fuck is going to be released the new HEATHEN album???, it's been delayed since the demo 2005 :lol:

Also about Heathen, in an interview, David White and Lee Altus said that they couldn't stand Breaking the Silence because of the awful production, that the producer just fucked everything up. I wonder how this album would sound with the production they wanted...
The new album is scheduled for January last I heard. Not sure I'll put full faith in that though.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Chafe wrote:When the fuck is going to be released the new HEATHEN album???, it's been delayed since the demo 2005 :lol:

The new album is scheduled for January last I heard. Not sure I'll put full faith in that though.
Yeah, I know that, but it was supossed to be released on June this year, then october, and now january 2010, hope that's the definitive date, because the demo 2005 kick asses.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:FLAMES OF HELL. Can anyone find a member of that band?
All 3 members got tracked down, but the two brothers didn't want to talk about the band. Only the drummer talked a bit, but not much either. But it wasn't me who visited him in Iceland.

1.1) Does Celtic Frost - The Collectors II MLP (Mexican Radio) exist or not ??
1.2) Does unreleased Hellhammer material exist that was recorded in their bunkers and never ever given out by the bandmembers? Martin Ain told Frank "Necros II" so in 1985, but today, "nothing does exist" until you present the "Demon Entrails" instrumental rehearsal...

2.) When will Sadistic Intent - "The Second Coming Of Darkness" be released ???? Or Paradigma - Beconings Of Lost Light CD ????

3) Does this shit exist ????
------------------------------
Amen Corner (BRA) - Jachol Ve Tehila LP (or CD-only?)
Anesthesy (BEL) - Let The Mayhem Begin CD (ever released??)
Black Task (US) - s/t 7" 1985 (ever released on 7" or demo-only ??)
Crucifier (US) - Powerless Against 7" 1994 (ever released on vinyl ??)
Devastacion (ARG) - Decadencia CD (or MC-only?)
Forlorn - Slay And Burn MCD (ever released??)
Infamy (US) - Count The Dead MCD (or MC-only??)
Infamy (US) - Rape Grind And Pillage CD (ever released??)
Massakre (CHI) - Massacre LP 1989 (ever released??)
Necropsia (VENE) - Vicios Y Abortos LP 1993 (ever released?)
Omnitron (SWE) - Somewhere Sometime, ... 7" 1994 (ever released?)
Open Fire (POL) - Lwy Ognia LP (or MC-only?)
Sparagmos (POL) - Error CD (or MC-only)
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

peterott wrote: 3) Does this shit exist ????
Yep, they were called MASSACRE back then, and it was released on Vinyl and Tape, but is WAY to different from the demos.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

peterott wrote:1.1) Does Celtic Frost - The Collectors II MLP (Mexican Radio) exist or not ??
1.2) Does unreleased Hellhammer material exist that was recorded in their bunkers and never ever given out by the bandmembers? Martin Ain told Frank "Necros II" so in 1985, but today, "nothing does exist" until you present the "Demon Entrails" instrumental rehearsal...

2.) When will Sadistic Intent - "The Second Coming Of Darkness" be released ???? Or Paradigma - Beconings Of Lost Light CD ????

3) Does this shit exist ????
------------------------------
Amen Corner (BRA) - Jachol Ve Tehila LP (or CD-only?)
Anesthesy (BEL) - Let The Mayhem Begin CD (ever released??)
Black Task (US) - s/t 7" 1985 (ever released on 7" or demo-only ??)
Crucifier (US) - Powerless Against 7" 1994 (ever released on vinyl ??)
Devastacion (ARG) - Decadencia CD (or MC-only?)
Forlorn - Slay And Burn MCD (ever released??)
Infamy (US) - Count The Dead MCD (or MC-only??)
Infamy (US) - Rape Grind And Pillage CD (ever released??)
Necropsia (VENE) - Vicios Y Abortos LP 1993 (ever released?)
Omnitron (SWE) - Somewhere Sometime, ... 7" 1994 (ever released?)
Open Fire (POL) - Lwy Ognia LP (or MC-only?)
Sparagmos (POL) - Error CD (or MC-only)
Hey, that's 16 mysteries, not 3. No cheating!

..but I'm pretty sure OMNITRON-Somewhere Sometime.. was never released on vinyl, only as a CD single. You know it's awful rap-"metal" don't you?

OPEN FIRE's "Lwy Ognia" I've only seen referred to as an unreleased album. It cannot possibly have come out on LP. Tape, maybe..
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

1. How the hell did Pagan Altar write such a catalogue of killer songs in the early '80s yet not be tempted or convinced to get together and release them until nearly 2 decades later?

2. Whatever happened to all the bands from the Metal Power 7"s?

And this one inspired by a friend of mine...

3. How did King Diamond manage to find such amazing musicians in as small a country as Denmark? (well yes, I guess it was 'fate'...)
GJ

Post by GJ »

convent guilt wrote:3. How did King Diamond manage to find such amazing musicians in as small a country as Denmark? (well yes, I guess it was 'fate'...)
I always thought they had found him! Then most of his post MF finds were made among those politically correct and well-articulated neighbours up north also (making the search area somewhat bigger...).

I am trying out making it an artform posting meaninglessnesses today, me guesses.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Well,there has always been one unsolved question bothering my mind,since the early days i started listening to that music.Can anyone speculate why the heck all metal mongers take so much care of their beer belly while every single cover they want their fave bands to have depict massive freaky shredded body builders with chiseled abs,grave worm veins popping out and striations in every single muscle?Grab that dumbell all you couch potatoes..... :mrgreen:
Never trust the Goblin King....