Scans of "rare" lyrics/lyric sheets

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

The Sentinel wrote:My copy hasn't one either, don't know if it normally has one
Same here...On the other hand, it's not difficult to understand the lyrics by listening, if you give it another try! :wink:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Keir wrote: Does anyone have lyrics for Breaker - In Days of Heavy Metal? I don't think it ever came with any, but I figured I'd ask. I'm particularly curious to know what the last lines in the title track are that sound like "Take a ride with the man with the horse's head!"
My copy hasn`t one as well. Yeah, especially the last word is hard to understand...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

@Swedish mates: Does anyone have the lyrics of Nattsvart's Vargarna? Not that i'd understand much but anyway...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

BlackStele wrote: Crowhaven is one of the most emotional records ever, but NO relation with Legend or Ashbury, it has its own unique style, which is really astonishing...I love that record! Evethough the lyrics are rockish, their music is a mixture of Heavy/Epic Metal, in the veins of old Manilla Road, with some old Black Sabbath extensions. Worth the search to find it, believe me! :wink:
I agree with the Black Sabbath comparison, but old Manilla Road? Where? On which song? I really can't spot as many epic moments as you suggest on this one.
Imo there are a few great tracks, many which are so-so and also a couple of ones which are indeed lame. A pretty uneven LP ---> Not fully worth of its price.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:@Swedish mates: Does anyone have the lyrics of Nattsvart's Vargarna? Not that i'd understand much but anyway...
I always wanted to make an English translation of them, so perhaps I'll start working on it this weekend.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:@Swedish mates: Does anyone have the lyrics of Nattsvart's Vargarna? Not that i'd understand much but anyway...
I always wanted to make an English translation of them, so perhaps I'll start working on it this weekend.
Send the original Swedish lines as well if you please! Thanks in advance!

BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

ION BRITTON wrote:
BlackStele wrote: Crowhaven is one of the most emotional records ever, but NO relation with Legend or Ashbury, it has its own unique style, which is really astonishing...I love that record! Evethough the lyrics are rockish, their music is a mixture of Heavy/Epic Metal, in the veins of old Manilla Road, with some old Black Sabbath extensions. Worth the search to find it, believe me! :wink:
I agree with the Black Sabbath comparison, but old Manilla Road? Where? On which song? I really can't spot as many epic moments as you suggest on this one.
Imo there are a few great tracks, many which are so-so and also a couple of ones which are indeed lame. A pretty uneven LP ---> Not fully worth of its price.
Ehm...well, inmo Crowhaven has elements from Invasion, and IN SOME PARTS Metal era..The song Changes has this not"straight in your face" Epic Feeling, that reminds you your inner struggle, and the Battle we give against time..It's kinda complicated. The song The Crow has a dark, Epic feeling in the same vein too, but in a more emotional way..it describes the Battles between men and women in generally...Same goes for the Hero song. It gives to the listener so many messages...it shows the lost Battles in Life one could say. Speaking allegorical, try and see the other side of the coin...
Last edited by BlackStele on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

BlackStele wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Ehm...well, inmo Crowhaven has elements from Invasion, and IN SOME PARTS Manilla era..The song Changes has this not"straight in your face" Epic Feeling, that reminds you your inner struggle, and the Battle we give against time..It's kinda complicated. The song The Crow has a dark, Epic feeling in the same vein too, but in a more emotional way..it describes the Battles between men and women in generally...Same goes for the Hero song. It gives to the listener so many messages...it shows the lost Battles in Life one could say. Speaking allegorical, try and see the other side of the coin...
Hmmm, don't remember those songs sounding the way you describe. The whole thing sounded like a mixture of classic heavy metal and heavy rock to my ears, not something incredibly epic though...Since i haven't read the lyrics yes it could be epic in that particular department, but musically, i don't know...i'll try listen to it once more within the next days...

P.S. Some tracks, epic or not, are amazing indeed

BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

ION BRITTON wrote:
BlackStele wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Ehm...well, inmo Crowhaven has elements from Invasion, and IN SOME PARTS Manilla era..The song Changes has this not"straight in your face" Epic Feeling, that reminds you your inner struggle, and the Battle we give against time..It's kinda complicated. The song The Crow has a dark, Epic feeling in the same vein too, but in a more emotional way..it describes the Battles between men and women in generally...Same goes for the Hero song. It gives to the listener so many messages...it shows the lost Battles in Life one could say. Speaking allegorical, try and see the other side of the coin...
Hmmm, don't remember those songs sounding the way you describe. The whole thing sounded like a mixture of classic heavy metal and heavy rock to my ears, not something incredibly epic though...Since i haven't read the lyrics yes it could be epic in that particular department, but musically, i don't know...i'll try listen to it once more within the next days...

P.S. Some tracks, epic or not, are amazing indeed
Please, don't use the word"incredible"Epic, cause you'll fall itno the trap to get into a wrong conclusion. Try and listen to it with your Soul, and you'll understand what I mean! :wink:
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Tyrant - Hold Back The Lightning lyrics. Anyone?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Anyone has Graf Spee's Reincarnation lyrics?
ATHEIST

Post by ATHEIST »

great tread

unfortunately I don't know any of those bands :(
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

the erlking wrote:Tyrant - Hold Back The Lightning lyrics. Anyone?
You don't have the LP reissue huh? I'll try to post a scan of the lyric sheet soon.

The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote:
the erlking wrote:Tyrant - Hold Back The Lightning lyrics. Anyone?
You don't have the LP reissue huh? I'll try to post a scan of the lyric sheet soon.
Thanks it would be great. The Visa of my bank seem to have always problems with online shopping. Something I really need to fix soon in order to get records like that!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Does anyone have the lyrics to the WILD PUSSY 12"? I heard it came with a 24-by-24" fold out lyric sheet but Ive never seen a scan of it.

Also, does anyone have the words to anything by HELL? The only words I have are the words for Depths of Despair and Land Of The Living Dead, because you can listen and understand every word clearly. That not the case with "Plague & Fire"....which I want to cover but I dont have the lyrics. I asked a friend of the band and he never got back to me.

Just wondering, did anyone see the "Depths Of Despair" lyrics on Metal-Archives? They were horrible...Instead of "my spirit grieves and mourns" it said "my spirit's grease and loss". I changed it, but I dont know how long it was up there like that... :?