ION BRITTON - "Eat Metal" EP Lyrics

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

daniel wrote:Dressed in self-exposure, psycho-phonic waves (second haha)'
To tell you the truth I DO hear something like 'phonic' but I can't come up with something that makes sense as a whole, I'm not convinced he says 'waves' after that and i also think that he says 'sign' instead of 'psycho'.

'Terror' as the very first word sounds right as well.

'Simmering your face' ---> :)
'Ever-lifting powers cross the mental melting bowls (biggest haha, but I really can hear that! Smile
And then '... ... without no-one, don't you know'.
I hear 'melting' and 'no-one', the others not very clearly. How about 'Ever-lifting powers cross the minds of melting fools' :lol: . Seriously I hear an 'of' before 'melting' though. What the hell was he thinking?

EDIT: How about 'shivering your face'?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Not sure if this is new news or not, but apparently the band is back together and looking for gigs
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood wrote:Not sure if this is new news or not, but apparently the band is back together and looking for gigs
The new track wasn't bad at all by the way.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
daniel

Post by daniel »

I just noticed I'd written them on the wrong Myspace site, sent another inquiry.

Didn't like either of those two more recent songs, mostly cos they don't sound anything like they used to; so it just sounds like a completely different band...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Well I've been waiting and waiting and waiting... I even mailed all the lyrics we have so far, but it seems it just too fucking hard to get back isn't it. Pissed off.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I don't think you'll receive an answer.. They would have included the lyrics on the recent CD reissue they made themselves if they wanted to. It seems it's not a very important issue for the band. Too bad for the fans.

daniel

Re: ION BRITTON - "Eat Metal" EP Lyrics

Post by daniel »

Ok, the vinyl reissue should be out now, and supposed to include the lyrics, so if anyone "YOU" know is getting it could they take a photo of the lyrics sheet or type them out for the benefit of the many, so that we may evolve as a species.

I think I was in contact with two guys from the band on FB some years ago, sending the snippets of lyrics etc., no help in any way. Luckily dollar signs woke them from their lethargic slumber.

Also, wow, didn't remember it was SO long ago since we started trying to work these out :)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I was supposed to receive the reissue yesterday, but there was something wrong with the info on the package and I couldn't pay for it. Hopefully, next week I'll have it in my hands. I'm kinda curious about the lyric sheet too. I'll scan it and post it here if it is included.

Zanker

Post by Zanker »

ION BRITTON wrote:I was supposed to receive the reissue yesterday, but there was something wrong with the info on the package and I couldn't pay for it. Hopefully, next week I'll have it in my hands. I'm kinda curious about the lyric sheet too. I'll scan it and post it here if it is included.

I have tried to scan the inserts of the CD. Hope this works.
ion britton1.jpg
ion britton1.jpg (75.13 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
ion britton3.jpg
ion britton3.jpg (66.31 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
ion britton2.jpg
ion britton2.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
daniel

Post by daniel »

THANK YOU! Just about to have a look, and another metal mystery solved :)
daniel

Post by daniel »

"Up what the hammers say, no!" What? :)

How are those bonus tracks by the way?
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

How are those bonus tracks by the way?[/quote]

I like the bonus tracks as well. Not that much different from 80's metal feel. Vocals are not that "high", so that is a bonus for me too, although i really like the EP very much! Nice reissue all together for me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Too many crazy lines there for sure. At least you got the "psychophonic waves" part right, heh.

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Got it today. Pretty minimal as a whole, lyrics on all songs, a small 2009 interview that doesn't reveal anything at all and a few photos. The sound is good enough. The last (live) track on b-side could have been omitted, it sounds like shit.

As for the bonus tracks, they're 00's material. Pretty calmed down compared to the EP with a slight commercial edge. No helium high vocal parts. I'll stick to the a-side.

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I'm pretty curious about the bonus tracks too. Need to secure a copy at next fair.
Long Live The Loud !!!