CASSLE (US)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

CASSLE (US)

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, yesterday I was listening again to their 'Midnight Fantasy' EP, a fantastic band which I hold in very high regard. The dark and creepy atmosphere has also an epic touch and is really unique. Although I wouldn't say that it's 100% pure metal as their music has plenty of 70s hard rock elements, it's amazing stuff, more straightforward and less offbeat than The Mezmerist of Black Hole for example. I've also read that they're working with Shadow Kingdom for a rerelease which will include unreleased material. I really need to know what's going on. Tim, are you listening?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

One of these items I know for quite some time but never heard. I had the chance once to buy an original for a reasonable price but I hesistated. Need to check it out.
Long Live The Loud !!!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

It's a great album for sure, so if Tim is putting it out itt's great news. Very true about the 70s influences there as well.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Another record I need. Badly.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:One of these items I know for quite some time but never heard. I had the chance once to buy an original for a reasonable price but I hesistated. Need to check it out.
You mean the shape picture 7''? The '97 release is unauthorised, well at least that's what's written on their website. Absolutely recommended if you're into dark sounds with a cemetery-like atmosphere.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
daniel

Post by daniel »

John posted the story about that some time ago didn't he, he had something to do with the ´97 release... That's the one I have, and to hell with it not being 'the original', it's a far more interesting piece to own than the picture disc, and the artwork is -brilliant-. If it's not conflicting with the supposed forthcoming release I could post a better rip of my own copy tomorrow if anyone needs it.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

daniel wrote:John posted the story about that some time ago didn't he, he had something to do with the ´97 release... That's the one I have, and to hell with it not being 'the original', it's a far more interesting piece to own than the picture disc, and the artwork is -brilliant-. If it's not conflicting with the supposed forthcoming release I could post a better rip of my own copy tomorrow if anyone needs it.
And it was the only way you could listen to the other 3 tracks...
Let's wait for Tim's answer before uploading anything OK?

daniel

Post by daniel »

Sure thing.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Quick short version of the story

Azra (Dave Richards) did the Pic disk. He also at the same time did a Test Press of the 4 song EP (10 copies is what he says)

In 1995/96 he sold me a copy of the Test Press at the time I asked him if he had any more. A few months later he called and said he found more copies. We agread on a price and I sent him money.

Months later I still had not received the copies he found. Then I received a LARGE box, Inside (100 copies) of a testpress. When I got him on the phone He said the ones he found were Not the Right ones so he pulled out the original Plates and pressed these instead.

I didn't really know what to do with them, COULDN'T sell them as originals..

So I made the covers and #'ed them.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Yes we're working on all this right now. There's a million tapes to go through and hopefully we're going to find all of the decent unreleased stuff.

Yes that's not the original artwork either, the band is making a new cover right now and I'm not sure it was the idea of that they were going to do a long time ago or if this art is going to be a new idea... so I'll confirm everything when I have it all pieced together... should be around the end of the year I think.

Right now I have 2 REVELATION albums to put out in a row... so the focus is temp. there....
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Looking forward to it!

Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

ION BRITTON wrote:Looking forward to it!
And so do I. With the help of Tim I received my copy of the 12" a couple of weeks ago and I would love to hear more of that unique band!

I wasn't sure if this was a bootleg or not, thanks for the info John.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Two Revelations albums are always something to look forward to!

And Cassle too. Great news.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Hmmm, I may have to revisit my Cassle burn. I remember thinking it had zero atmosphere on most of the tracks, which surprised me since most folks seem to rave about the vibe. It struck me as rather weak and cheesy. Will dbl-check it sometime- wouldn't be the first time my 1st impression was all wrong
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ZOMBIE

Post by ZOMBIE »

glockose wrote:Quick short version of the story

Azra (Dave Richards) did the Pic disk. He also at the same time did a Test Press of the 4 song EP (10 copies is what he says)

In 1995/96 he sold me a copy of the Test Press at the time I asked him if he had any more. A few months later he called and said he found more copies. We agread on a price and I sent him money.

Months later I still had not received the copies he found. Then I received a LARGE box, Inside (100 copies) of a testpress. When I got him on the phone He said the ones he found were Not the Right ones so he pulled out the original Plates and pressed these instead.

I didn't really know what to do with them, COULDN'T sell them as originals..

So I made the covers and #'ed them.
I know I am late in discovering the thread but I must ask a question:
my Cassle copy is Test Press - Hexagonal shape black cover -All four tracks in one side -other side is blanc. Which press does it belong to?