Are W.A.S.P. real metal or not? POLL ADDED PLACE YOUR VOTE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Are W.A.S.P. real Metal or not?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 am

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 33

Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Tobiee wrote:
big mouth wrote: Hahaha :lol:
Atleast you live up for your nickname, prove me wrong or sh*t *p.
"Shit ip"?

Yeah, W.A.S.P. were pretty nasty sounding for an '80s band in make-up, but one of the rawest? They were hardly Hellhammer.
Haha, a lot of death and black metal bands looks like pussys and a bit retarded aswell if you compare to a W.A.S.P live show in the 80's .

I'm not a big fan of W.A.S.P , not even listening to them nowdays but still, it's a lot of bullcrap in this thread, in my opinion.

PS: Ive noticed that we have a different taste for rawest I guess, Because in my opinion was Alice Cooper one of the rawest things you could've seen.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Haha, a lot of death and black metal bands looks like pussys and a bit retarded aswell if you compare to a W.A.S.P live show in the 80's .

I'm not a big fan of W.A.S.P , not even listening to them nowdays but still, it's a lot of bullcrap in this thread, in my opinion.

PS: Ive noticed that we have a different taste for rawest I guess, Because in my opinion was Alice Cooper one of the rawest things you could've seen

Indeed we don't live in the same world that's for sure.... without going for the extreme side of thing and starting mentioning SATAN'S PENIS or ANTICHRIST as rawer bands than WASP back then, simply a band LIKE STEELER (GER) or GRIFFIN (just 2 examples) were 1000 times rawer and not commercial like WASP were.... end of story sweet banger.
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

big mouth wrote:

PS: Ive noticed that we have a different taste for rawest I guess, Because in my opinion was Alice Cooper one of the rawest things you could've seen

Indeed we don't live in the same world that's for sure.... without going for the extreme side of thing and starting mentioning SATAN'S PENIS or ANTICHRIST as rawer bands than WASP back then, simply a band LIKE STEELER (GER) or GRIFFIN (just 2 examples) were 1000 times rawer and not commercial like WASP were.... end of story sweet banger.
First I never said WASP was THE rawest one, just one of them, and you can't deny it.

Second, We have 2 different definitions when it comes to raw.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

First I never said WASP was THE rawest one, just one of them, and you can't deny it.

Second, We have 2 different definitions when it comes to raw.
Well to end it up because this was not the topic after all, I deny every day of my poor existence that WASP was a raw band so no need to go further sweet banger on this.
And yeah we have for sure 2 different definitions of the word raw as we certainly don't come from the same scene/ era. good bye sweet banger.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

MetalizeR wrote:Cauldron is so boring..., I prefer listen to WASP and Crue !!
W.A.S.P. 1000% sure,but crue?idk aboout that, i think its quiet the same...

and hey big mouth, whats up with the "sweet banger" thing :lol:
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
MetalizeR wrote:Cauldron is so boring..., I prefer listen to WASP and Crue !!
W.A.S.P. 1000% sure,but crue?idk aboout that, i think its quiet the same...

and hey big mouth, whats up with the "sweet banger" thing :lol:
Good question.
Bassplayer of:
Noctum
BLADE
Planet

Founder of Howlin' Owl Productions
https://www.facebook.com/Noctumofficial
Dollhouse
Below
The Black Explosions
My heart is a metronome
Noctum
Blade
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Good question.
Just humour regarding the pseudo metallist who called me a jerk....
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

big mouth wrote:
Good question.
Just humour regarding the pseudo metallist who called me a jerk....
Haha, Seriously now, you don't even know me and you can't mention a single band I listens to and still call me pseudo? Well, thanks for making my day.
Bassplayer of:
Noctum
BLADE
Planet

Dollhouse
Below
The Black Explosions
My heart is a metronome
Noctum
Blade
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Glad I did then! :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Oh you and your big mouth.
tomas

Post by tomas »

It's really funny that some people are calling WASP 'one of the rawest bands in the 80s'. Sorry but if you seriously believe this to be true, you haven't heard shit! It's easy to come up with 2000000 bands that are a lot rawer. But WASP did have some amazing songs, but real metal ... I don't know. And by the way, who gives a damn about bands being real metal or not. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not metal, they're good 80s hard rock.
But does it slay witches?
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

tomas wrote:It's really funny that some people are calling WASP 'one of the rawest bands in the 80s'. Sorry but if you seriously believe this to be true, you haven't heard shit! It's easy to come up with 2000000 bands that are a lot rawer. But WASP did have some amazing songs, but real metal ... I don't know. And by the way, who gives a damn about bands being real metal or not. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not metal, they're good 80s hard rock.
It's really funny that some people are stupid enough to not read all the posts and then post some random shit, I was talking about W.A.S.P's LIVE show and attitude., not the music.
Bassplayer of:
Noctum
BLADE
Planet

Dollhouse
Below
The Black Explosions
My heart is a metronome
Noctum
Blade
tomas

Post by tomas »

I read the entire thread. Let me quote:

"wasp was one of the rawest(spelling?) bands in the 80"

This can refer to the DVD that was mentioned or it can be seen as a general statement. Either way, I heard some WASP live stuff, and it sounded clean and polished.
But does it slay witches?
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

tomas wrote:I read the entire thread. Let me quote:

"wasp was one of the rawest(spelling?) bands in the 80"

This can refer to the DVD that was mentioned or it can be seen as a general statement. Either way, I heard some WASP live stuff, and it sounded clean and polished.
Don't just listen to the audiofile, watch a dvd or something, Ive said earlier in the thread aswell "Alice Cooper is for me raw aswell" and everyone knows his music isn't raw at all compare to other things but his liveshow is raw in my opinion.
Bassplayer of:
Noctum
BLADE
Planet

Dollhouse
Below
The Black Explosions
My heart is a metronome
Noctum
Blade
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

I guess that stuff like............. (deeeeep breath)

The Hellion
Thunderhead
Arena Of Pleasure
The Heretic
Inside The Electric Circus
Tormentor
Fuck Like A Beast
Show No Mercy
Charisma
Chainsaw Charlie
Don't Cry Just Suck
Helldorado
The Nutreon Bomber
Man Eater
The Torture Never Stops
Invisbe Boy

and a fuckin' shitload of other tunes are far from being called "Real Metal"

oh well ,times do change after all............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size