Swedish Metal From The Past

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Swedish Metal From The Past

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Why swedish metal from the past has not been updated more than a year?Is it a totally dead site?Can we expect something new in the near future?SMFTP is one of my fave sites i wish i would seen an update soon.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've asked them several times and it seems none of them are that much inspired to continue with the site. Pity really coz I liked the idea a lot from the beginning. What say SMFTP-maestro Mordred? Still no drive to put that journalist education into something REALLY worthwile? :P

Edit: P-Os nick.
Last edited by DaN on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Nah, it's about as dead as a site can possibly get. We'll probably see pigs fly and smoke crack before we see anything new being put on there.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

We should bug Tomas to take the helm of this ghost ship. Doesn't seem like he's got much better things to do these days.
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote:We should bug Tomas to take the helm of this ghost ship. Doesn't seem like he's got much better things to do these days.
Somehow I fear the "nothing better to do"-reason will have little or zero effect on him. :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Well but it wouldn't be bad to fix some pages - some errors 404 occur.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

mordred wrote:Nah, it's about as dead as a site can possibly get. We'll probably see pigs fly and smoke crack before we see anything new being put on there.
Why is it so difficult?I mean the site is hosted(that's the reason it exists till today without cost for their moderators) i don't think it is so difficult making a review each one of you and a scan per month :roll: Or maybe the other members have lost their interest in Metal? :evil: I don't know we hear much these days :(
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Why is it so difficult?I mean the site is hosted(that's the reason it exists till today without cost for their moderators) i don't think it is so difficult making a review each one of you and a scan per month :roll: Or maybe the other members have lost their interest in Metal? :evil: I don't know we hear much these days :(
As you point out it's not very difficult at all, but I am a really lazy bastard. But there are also a lot of other things that puts me off from doing it. They may be pathetic crybaby-reasons, but they are valid to me.

# Interviewing and writing is my job. I am not to keen on doing it on my spare time.
# I want to be a state of the art writer. In some genres I am, but as for metal reviews in english - I nigh on suck. No fun.
# There are books on this subject.
# There are a lot of metal reviewing and trivia sites on the internet. Standing out is virtually impossible without the utmost conviction.
# I am a lazy crybaby.

As for Tomas, Jim and Fabian, they are still into metal.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Thank you for answering.I understand why you and the three other members don't want to continue the site.