Bands that try to emulate glorious eighties era of Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What is your opinion about bands that try to emulate glorious eighties era of Metal?

I unconditionally support them. They are much needed these days.
18%
I quite like them. They are welcome addition to contemporary metal roster.
6%
Some are good, others not so, they sound pretty average judging as a whole.
44%
Very few are good, mostly they fail to recreate the spirit of the eighties.
24%
I don't like them. It would be better if they would stick to sth else altogether. Eighties have gone forever.
9%
I don't like them at all. They are all nonsense and rubbish and bad taste.
No votes

Total votes: 34

Noisenik

Bands that try to emulate glorious eighties era of Metal

Post by Noisenik »

I have put this thread in 'cause I think it fits into the context. Actually more for fans than weapon-brandishers though …
Last edited by Noisenik on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am ... the One you warned me of
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

I voted for the middle. But a better option would have been "very bloody few bands are good, 95% badly fail in their generally welcomed attempt to re-create the 80ies".
We praise the blood that metal brings
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Hailz there, Roman!

I made little correction. I returned your vote. I would vote for the third option anyway.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

"I don't like them. It would be better if they would stick to sth else altogether. Eighties have gone forever."

How many bands have actually made anything good when they reunites? The only thing I support olds band to the max is their live performances, the chance to see them at last.
Just look at Cloven Hoof, what rubbish, really. As OmenOfSteel says, 95% or less makes anything good.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Dawnwatcher wrote:
Just look at Cloven Hoof, what rubbish, really. As OmenOfSteel says, 95% or less makes anything good.
It seems that it is very easy to lose good feeling at music-making. That's actually very delicate thing. Those people for instance that have went playing strictly for money have all find it very hard to return, even to playing style, let alone to produce sth musically worthwhile. Memory failures also help.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I have decided since some years that the band that i will form(obsctacles continue) it will be totally devoted to 80's from the production/image/cover and many more just wait for a couple of years and you will see! :D
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål wrote
I have decided since some years that the band that i will form(obsctacles continue) it will be totally devoted to 80's from the production/image/cover and many more just wait for a couple of years and you will see!
Hey Vaggelis,

we have all your words documented, so don't dissapoint us. :twisted: Don't forget to tell us when you will start i.e. overcome the obstacles.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The fact is that when you wanna form a band like this is extremely difficult in a small city.People that play an instrument and are into 80's sound are very few and that's the main problem.An other problem is that i must buy eventually a worthy guitar and not cheepy ones like Samick(do you suggest something special with 500Euro?)and of course my fetish are Flying V guitars.I have a friend painter who is 27 yo and works for a newspaper and said OK i'll draw you a cover when you need it,Imagine that he can draw an epic painting with great easiness.I have formed some bands before 4-5 years but we were playing mainly covers of known songs.I am oriented in something like HAPPL style traditional HM with keyboards and strange melodies that's what i wanna do.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
The fact is that when you wanna form a band like this is extremely difficult in a small city.People that play an instrument and are into 80's sound are very few and that's the main problem.
Agree, totally agree. I'd have problems doing that in my whole country. So I decided to go internationally, if rather slowly. :wink:
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

I also have this problem. I live in a small town were I am the only one who listens to Real Metal except of some older ones who just remember their times when they listened to Saxon, Priest and Maiden.
My Bandmates in "Einsatzkommando" live a lot of kilometres away what makes it very dificult to rehearse. I also have another band with members not too far away but they are not really into Obscure Metal at all...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Blasfemer wrote:I also have this problem. I live in a small town were I am the only one who listens to Real Metal except of some older ones who just remember their times when they listened to Saxon, Priest and Maiden.
My Bandmates in "Einsatzkommando" live a lot of kilometres away what makes it very dificult to rehearse. I also have another band with members not too far away but they are not really into Obscure Metal at all...
Why isnt Witchräper here yet
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Also what the fuuuck Holocaust on your last demo is damn good
write more songs like that
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

I don't know why he isn't registered.
Holocaust is some years old, I don't really know why everyone likes the song :lol:
I would prefer to hear "Satanic Pride is such a great song" 'cause it's my fave :D
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Blasfemer wrote:I don't know why he isn't registered.
Holocaust is some years old, I don't really know why everyone likes the song :lol:
I would prefer to hear "Satanic Pride is such a great song" 'cause it's my fave :D
I like the riffing of Holocaust

That ones rules as well! The two best songs for sure

there is def. some potential

Id loved to press you on 7" Vinyl with Chörnyj Woron but those guys are lazy as hell, fuk
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

AH Ok, Witchräper told me of a guy who said that but he did not remember everything. I told Uwe from Chörnyj about that plan and he didn't knew that you wanted to it :lol: So maybe that was the problem with these guys