Coven (Detroit)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Sweet! I eagerly await the cd release of this godly piece of metal.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm glad to see that "Worship New Gods" is finally being officially issued on CD so that I can finally replace my bootleg copy with something authentic.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

What about the LP reissue? I simply can't find this record as fantastic as most people seem to, there are lots of things that don't click, and so I don't want to spend losts of money on it. I never buy rare things unless I really like them, but it'd be cool to at least have it on vinyl so a reissue would be ideal.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I don't know what it is with this album. Sometimes I think it might be my alltime favourite album. It's surely an album I grap first when my house catches fire. It has such an intense atmosphere. There is so much obscurity, mystical and haunting powers embedded in this masterpiece. There's an incredible big X-factor and I cannot describe exactly what that might be. It's really something unique and it was love at first hearing. I'll take this one inside my grave; it might be useful in an eventual afterlife.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'll try to get an update from the I Hate-guys about the Coven-reissue on this weekend's record fair. Stay tuned..
daniel

Post by daniel »

Cool, thanks.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Man, I gave this another attentive listen last night in my obscuro-vault, which I can only access via opening a trapdoor under my alcoholic neighbour's bed, from where I have to crawl untold distances in the dark chanting the obscurest 80's demo song titles to ward off false air so I can breathe down there, and then finally confront the sphinxes of Kachaan Ruuk who riddle me steel from the realm of dreams before I enter the hall of whispers... It's pretty much only the first track that I actually enjoy, the rest had me cringeing, and I usually love this type of stuff!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

daniel wrote:Man, I gave this another attentive listen last night in my obscuro-vault, which I can only access via opening a trapdoor under my alcoholic neighbour's bed, from where I have to crawl untold distances in the dark chanting the obscurest 80's demo song titles to ward off false air so I can breathe down there, and then finally confront the sphinxes of Kachaan Ruuk who riddle me steel from the realm of dreams before I enter the hall of whispers... It's pretty much only the first track that I actually enjoy, the rest had me cringeing, and I usually love this type of stuff!
What happened there is you didn't ward off all the false air. Try again in a week or two.

Awesome album, really looking forward to the re-issue.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Dan can you please re up the cover scans? thanks!

http://thecorroseum.com/rev/coven.htm
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:I'll try to get an update from the I Hate-guys about the Coven-reissue on this weekend's record fair. Stay tuned..
Any news?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:
DaN wrote:I'll try to get an update from the I Hate-guys about the Coven-reissue on this weekend's record fair. Stay tuned..
Any news?
No. Talked to Peter at I Hate a few weeks ago and they're still waiting to get back the signed papers from the band, so it's all in their hands really.

@The Knell: I never had a good scan of it, but the next time I'm doing a scanner-session at a friends place (don't have a working one at the moment) I'll bring it.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

OK thanks

I'm surprised, after quite some time I happen to spin this again and wow, I seem to understand the magic now...
we're eat babies flesh
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

All tracks, especially the opener, Wicked Days and Threshold.. are masterpieces
The only song I still have problems with is Kiss Me With Blood.
we're eat babies flesh
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I haven't yet got fully into this one although I'm enjoying it. Especially the songs Riddle Of Steel, Ruler, Kiss Me With Blood, Threshold Of The New and Loki. I hear lots of post-punk/gothic rock in this. Especially the vocalist could be straight from a such project.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
daniel

Post by daniel »

This reissue business is moving fast, frightening, like lightning!