What did I see? Could I believe? Yes it's IRON MAIDEN thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite album?

Iron Maiden
25%
Killers
25%
The Number Of The Beast
8%
Piece Of Mind
12%
Powerslave
10%
Somewhere In Time
13%
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
8%
No Prayer For The Dying
No votes
Fear Of The Dark
No votes
The X Factor
No votes
Virtual XI
No votes
Brave New World
No votes
Dance of Death
No votes

Total votes: 52

Mitch

Iron Maiden's best album

Post by Mitch »

That's a tough one. I would have to say Piece of Mind. I think their best song is Phantom of the Opera despite Bruce being a better vocalist.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Avenger wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've never understood all the buzz around Dickinson, he's imo one of the most overrated metal singer, a great showman yes but a great singer no.
kind of agree here, ive been more into his vocals with Samson actually :roll:
In comparison to who? If we are going to compare Dickinson to Tate, Arch or Halford for example, then yes, but as opposed to any other Maiden vocalist, he's easily on top...
I've always prefered Di'anno to Dickinson, but it's just a matter of taste.
I remember the first time I heard "Run to the Hills" single when it was released, it was a big deception for me ! I thought MAIDEN has lost its unique original sound.
Though I'm not the biggest fan of the man (Dickinson), I can understand that for the majority of people, he's THE Maiden singer.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

omen of hate wrote:
Avenger wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
kind of agree here, ive been more into his vocals with Samson actually :roll:
In comparison to who? If we are going to compare Dickinson to Tate, Arch or Halford for example, then yes, but as opposed to any other Maiden vocalist, he's easily on top...
I remember the first time I heard "Run to the Hills" single when it was released, it was a big deception for me ! I thought MAIDEN has lost its unique original sound.
Though I'm not the biggest fan of the man (Dickinson), I can understand that for the majority of people, he's THE Maiden singer.
I like them both about equally. Bruce is better singer technically but Di'anno has an awsome voice (not that I dislike dickinson's voice) and he sounds maybe a little bit more passionate to me. Pleeeeeaaase, take me awaaayyy, take me awayyyyy so faaaar AWAY! His vocals just connect with me so well. Bruce has these moments too but he's not as magical and wild spirited. :wink:

That's why I love Di'anno's vocals as much as Bruce's. He got that "something" to make up the loss in pure technical level.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

No1 is the s/t, second would be Killers. I'm not too fond of the rest of their disco, ok or good stuff, the recent albums did nothing for me
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Black Axe wrote:I chose the debut. Di'Anno reigns. Second would be The Number Of The Beast and probably one of the others third.
Third favourite is actually The Chemical Wedding. I like the later Bruce solo albums much better than most Maiden LPs.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

So, there it is, the first IRON MAIDEN-Thread on the Corroseum, after all those years, right? Well, i like MAIDEN a lot, of course, but strangely i never liked to discuss about them, i always felt, that everything about this band has been said before.

Anyway, my favorit album is "Somewhere in Time" and i prefer Dickinson as vocalist, i think he had a more aggressive voice than Di`Anno, and he was the more professional type of musician, who really helped to kickstart the whole career of the band.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:while listening to any 8 min + Maiden track which repeats the song's title as a chorus till death
Hahaha...

Kind of true.

"SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON..."

The Erlking wrote:
omen of hate wrote:
Avenger wrote:
I like them both about equally. Bruce is better singer technically but Di'anno has an awsome voice (not that I dislike dickinson's voice) and he sounds maybe a little bit more passionate to me. Pleeeeeaaase, take me awaaayyy, take me awayyyyy so faaaar AWAY! His vocals just connect with me so well. Bruce has these moments too but he's not as magical and wild spirited. :wink:

That's why I love Di'anno's vocals as much as Bruce's. He got that "something" to make up the loss in pure technical level.
Yes, I was talking in technically accomplished terms. Like I said, I've got nothing against Di'Anno, but Dickinson is the BETTER singer.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Beerzuul

Post by Beerzuul »

My favourite Maiden record is without any doubt Powerslave. I consider this record to be the best record ever released. It were also the first metal record that I heard. It will always have a special place in my heart.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:while listening to any 8 min + Maiden track which repeats the song's title as a chorus till death
Hahaha...

Kind of true.

"SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON, SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON..."
Got used to this as well, so I consider it a necessary ingredient.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

It's gotta be Killers, the first LP is great but the production is flat. They nailed it with the second. I'm not a fan of dickinson, he doesn't have the same menace as Paul D, Dickinson's the kind of guy who would to have a chat and a cup of herbal tea with your nan, Paul would come round give her a bit of a milf back door action and shit in her knicker draw.

They have a formula and they stick to it. Blaze loosing it was one of the high points from Maiden's recent history.

"I'll fucking kill you"
"Anyone Else, anyone else"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYvy5yP ... L&index=13

Gold.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, if Blaze cannot take a fan spitting at him (which he should have expected when filling Bruce's boots) he should have stayed at home at first place.

Standing up there like a robot mucking up the entire song getting angry to the point of singing wrong lyrics is really pathetic.

Take it on the chin man and just keep going, coz for this one prick in the audience there were 10,000+ which were there to see YOU singing, not ranting at the entire audience.

Or just jump down and take care of the matter personally, if you have guts :lol:

Speaking of which, here is a classic performance of the undisputed drama queen on stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pomIFCkmHX8
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Can't choose. From scratch 'till FOTD they KICKED ASS! Well ,for the poll's sake and although my fav track is "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" i'll go for "TNOTB"
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

Iron Maiden is my all-time favourite band ! Mine would be something like this :

1.) Killers / Powerslave
2.) Somewhere In Time / Piece Of Time
3.) Iron Maiden / The Number Of The Beast

In my humble opinion,Seventh Son is way overrated.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

kreator72 wrote:In my humble opinion,Seventh Son is way overrated.
Agreed.

And I would love to see your Iron Maiden collection, James.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

Avenger wrote:
kreator72 wrote:In my humble opinion,Seventh Son is way overrated.
Agreed.

And I would love to see your Iron Maiden collection, James.

Hey Shaun,

Unlike what most people think,my Iron Maiden collection is pathetic.The only rare stuff I've got are the Japanese First Ten Years box set,a unreleased tracks cd and a boot Soundhouse Tapes lol....