Blitzkrieg (UK) - The Mists of Avalon

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
odin

Blitzkrieg (UK) - The Mists of Avalon

Post by odin »

I usually avoid newer albums from nwobhm bands but I tried it and its quite epic I was suprised by this one,I've read its considered one of their weakest,but I would think fans of epic heavy metal would enjoy such an album.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Same here with new releases of old cult acts, but I've heard so much praise for their new material, perhaps it's time to catch up - after all they're on a Swedish label now 8)

More opinions on the new BLITZKRIEG stuff welcomed.
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

I haven't got The mists of Avalon yet, but I received Unholy trinity a couple of weeks ago and I like that one very much. The highlights are the titletrack and the song Field of dreams I think. There's also re-recordings of the song Take a look Around from their 1st LP and the demo track Calming the savage beast as well. Recommended!

As for other newer BLITZKRIEG stuff... The Absolute power album is the best one I have heard. Sooo awesome! The guitars sound like shit on the vinyl version though, but the song writing is fantastic! It makes their debut album sound half-lame in comparison.
Their latest effort Sins and greed contains the best BLITZKRIEG track that I have ever heard and that is Escape from the village. Other highlights on that one are Desolation angel, Standing still, Excessive force and Eyes of the world. A very good album as well but I think it's a bit weaker than its predecessor.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The early blitzkrieg (buried alive/a time of changes) stuff is the best of course, but their later stuff is killer too. I have "Ten" on MLP, which is awesome, and absolute power is a great LP too.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL