CHALICE - One Final Sin

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

This for sure on the top ten of my demo list. Awesome stuff. Thanks Mike for making such Heavenly music! A re issue would be cool. I would prefer vinyl.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Vintage soundboard recordings and previously unreleased stuff sounds awesome. Can't wait to check it out!
lynx

Post by lynx »

Yeah, that all sounds really cool. I have been listening to the 3 songs on the demo and the guitar playing doesn't really sound like any other player, really excellent original music. The vocals are awesome too.
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Do we have any news for this re-issue?
All through the night steel by your side
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

So I was thinking about this demo again the other day and remembered that the possibility of a reissue was there. Any news on this?

If you can sell an "8-Bit Retro Thrash" CD of 299 copies, I'm sure a 3 track demo of fantastic quality could be sold just as easily. If you are worried about left over stock couldn't a small pressing like this be made?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dude, you have the horrible habit of speculating and accusing people with no clue whatsoever. A VERY annoying habit if I may add. Drop it off man.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:Dude, you have the horrible habit of speculating and accusing people with no clue whatsoever. A VERY annoying habit if I may add. Drop it off man.
I'm not speculating at all, hence, why I was asking.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ok, to answer your question; It has nothing to do with quantity, quality, or my worries about left over stock. It does nothing to do with Lich King either.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:Ok, to answer your question; It has nothing to do with quantity, quality, or my worries about left over stock. It does nothing to do with Lich King either.
I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just addressing the concerns that you brought forward previously regarding releasing a CD with only a 3-track demo's worth of material. You stated in the past that you didn't think the CD would sell well due to the small amount of content and that it would only appeal to a very select market. You also stated elsewhere on this forum that it was hard to nearly impossible to have a CD pressed in a quantity of less then 1000.

I was not insulting the "8-Bit Retro Thrash" CD that you put out but rather using it as a means of comparison. It appeals to only a very select market and you found a way to press a quantity of less then 1000 units. Based on this release I was asking why it's not possible to do this with the Chalice demo?

You got defensive for some reason though...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

That's why i told you to quit speculating. This release has not happened simply because the band has not found any materials yet. When/if they do i'd be more than happy to release it instantly not only on cd, but also on vinyl (if the sound quality permits). This is my favorite demo ever after all.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Does it really make sense to put out a 3 songs demo on a CD? I`d rather see those tracks on a 12".
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

We'll cross that bridge once we know what exactly is available.
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted here. So what did you think of the Chalice material?
Mike Dworkin
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Hey dude, I've followed the thread for a while but never wrote anything 'til now ... since you are back 'resurrecting' it I just want to add me in the long list of interested followers :D

This 3 song demo is pure magic ! Ok the drums sounds so strange that it seems almost a programmed drum machine lol ! The guitar tone a little bit awkard (but it fits well somewhat ^^), what really shocks is the great inspired songwriting and mostly the UNREAL epic vocals !

I think you must continue with the guitarist in the searching of the original demo so a proper remastering of the 3 songs can be done, plus that 1985 live show wouldn't hurt too... for the final target of a proper release :D

New songs that you had written but never recorded I'm in favour (you can put 80 min in a cd, there's space for them I guess lol !).

Just out of curiosity, didn't you send/give this demo to any label back then ?
Last edited by Helstar on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

Hey Helstar. Thank you so much for your interst in our material and the compliments on the singing and song writing. I was the vocalist and wrote the songs with my guitar player Greg. He layed down the music and I would come up with the vocal melody and lyrics. As for the drums I can assure you there was no programming involved. Thane was a beast of the drums. It was all him. Greg did indeed locate the original e song demo as well as some live material and two studio recorded songs with the singer that replaced me after I left. There was also a Non Chalice song that Greg and I wrote that he dug up so all in all there should be 8 or 9 songs available including the original three that you have already heard. I am also hoping that maybe Greg and I can get together and maybe write and record some new material. Unfortunately he is super busy with his students and Guitar School and I have been playing out a lot with my own band which honestly I have to thank Iordan and the rest of this forum for reminding me of my passion for being in a band. It had been an 18 year absence but now I am playing out a few times a month. Just a side note on the original recording. I thought the production job was horrible. This paticular studio was not great with metal bands and I hated the way the vocals sounded but I'm glad all of you enjoy it. Hopefully you will like the other materail as well.
Mike Dworkin