CHALICE - One Final Sin

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

Iordan could you please point me to this post you are talking about that was started by Daniel
Mike Dworkin
daniel

Post by daniel »

This is it:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3422

And it's cool to see all that has followed, it'd be amazing to have the demo on vinyl!!! Also great to hear more about CHALICE and from you Mike :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I love this demo!!!! Right up my alley. I'm not a re-recording fan because it destroys the original spirit. When the re-release contains the orginal demo I'll certainly will buy a copy.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

Hi Daniel. When I follow the link it says not authorized. Once I find this demo I will put together a bio on Chalice.
Mike Dworkin
daniel

Post by daniel »

Hmm, it must have to do with the amount of posts required to view the Poisonoise forum(MP3 forum), here's the direct link though:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VHCDT5KG
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Yeah, if I recall correctly, you have to post here 25 times before having access to the mp3 forum. It's meant to keep away people that just come to the board to d/l stuff and never contribute anything or add to the discussions.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

it was first uploaded and distributed by Rob Preston
and my personal fave is the second track.Reeincarnation is almost too epic,and the vocals kill,out of this world,and so are the masterful leads,killer scales being used
too,too bad we'll never get a chance to listen to it with perfect sound quality.then again,im not sure it matters that much.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Hello Mike,
I have to agree with most everything said here. Welcome and thanks for making some really powerful and timeless 80's metal for us. You ask where we heard about this demo? I just re-downloaded these mp3s to check and they do sound like the mp3s I ripped and uploaded years ago, I'm not sure where I got the music, for sure from some other tape trader, no idea who. I started tape trading demos and live stuff back in the 80's and just got anything good I could lay my hands on.

Please do not re-record this music. If you do decide to redo the music and release it, please make sure that you arrange to keep the original music intact and present on any such release. The underground maniacs on this forum and elsewhere want the original old sound, warts and flaws and all. This rip isn't perfect but it is all we have.

If you want a upload of the .wav files I have and not just these mp3s please let me know.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

This is one of the best demos I have heard in my life. A re-release would be fantastic!
mordred

Post by mordred »

doomedplanet wrote:If you want a upload of the .wav files I have and not just these mp3s please let me know.
That would be very cool!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

awsome demo! yea finally ive been hearing it n it has great composition,good progressions n powerful headbanging riffs n well ur voice is quite unique Mike

question, who came up with the vocal melodies for these songs? was it you?
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

Yes it was. The guitarist Greg and I wrote all the songs. He came up with the music and I put the melodies and lyrics down. All down in my basement. It is so strange that something I did so many years ago and had forgotten seems to be coming back to life.
Mike Dworkin
MEXDefenderOfSteel

any luck finding the originals???
Absolute2000

Post by Absolute2000 »

I found something the other day. Someone is bringing a cassette deck tonight so I can listen to it. I have not ownwed a cassette deck in years. It has been so long that I don't even know If I am spelling cassette correctly. I will keep you posted.
Mike Dworkin
MEXDefenderOfSteel

excellent :D