Inspire (Japan)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Azaras

Inspire (Japan)

Post by Azaras »

I've been playing their 7" again recently. Does anybody else like this band? Did they record anything other than the "Doctor" 7" and compilation track for the "Metal Warning" DLP?

The vocals are very...um... "Japanese heavy metal", which is unfortunate :lol: . However they have solid songs and a weird air about them. Their track on the compilation (which I don't own) has a good main riff, but the verse riff is vaguely sabbath-esque, which gives a nice doomy shade to the proceedings! The single is alright too, mostly because of unfaultable musicianship, and I'm glad I picked it up. Maybe they even presaged HEADLIGHT with their "#1, #2" etc lineup.

A more complete discography would be awesome.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've heard only the compilation track which I like and always wanted to hear that seven incher. Anyway I think I saw some info online about a demo tape they supposedly recorded but can't recall the website anymore. :?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

I can try to copy my single to mp3. I would say it's about the same as the comp track in terms of song quality, with a slightly lighter production.

Well, at least we rounded out the disco with possibly maybe also a demotape. :lol: Someone has gotta know...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I used to own this single (got it in a trade from LWR ages ago I think..)
Can't say I got into it that much at the time, but I remember it being slightly original and "Japanese-sounding", dark (?) Hard Rock.