Favourite Thin Lizzy covers

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

This morning I dreamt Phil Lynott had recorded a version of Beefheart's "Orange Claw Hammer" in the same a cappella style.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

RUNNING WILD are supposed to have covered also "Angel of death", I think it remains unreleased up to this day. It would be interesting to see how Rolf handled the keyboards.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

ION BRITTON wrote:RUNNING WILD are supposed to have covered also "Angel of death", I think it remains unreleased up to this day. It would be interesting to see how Rolf handled the keyboards.
I'd love to hear this.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

bigfootkit wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Black Axe wrote:MASTODON and FU MANCHU shouldn't be mentioned on this forum.
At least not in "Into Battle".
Hey, the thread's called "Favourite Thin Lizzy Covers", and they're amongst my favourite Thin Lizzy covers. It's that simple.
The Fu Manchu version in particular is heavier than much of what's been suggested already, i really don't see the problem.
You've been quite the bad boy lately.

Mentioning such things as fu manchu to abba here...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:
You've been quite the bad boy lately.

Mentioning such things as fu manchu to abba here...
I know, i know, my steel is not true! :lol:
Azaras

Re: Favourite Thin Lizzy covers

Post by Azaras »

Nicko McBuff wrote:I want to make a little compilation for myself, please suggest and refresh my memory. So far...
Just curious was to what sparked this... Wanting to listen to Thin Lizzy is one of the most understandable desires of a red-blooded human male, but making a personal covers compilation shows arcane thinking!

Cool idea, though!
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Black Axe wrote:MASTODON and FU MANCHU shouldn't be mentioned on this forum.
yeah but the FUMANCHU cover ROCKS big time so ,damn right they should be mentioned in this thread! Let alone that they kick some serious ass!

Sodom's cold sweat and Running Wild's Genocide version are rippers as well!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Nicko McBuff

Re: Favourite Thin Lizzy covers

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Azaras wrote:
Nicko McBuff wrote:I want to make a little compilation for myself, please suggest and refresh my memory. So far...
Just curious was to what sparked this... Wanting to listen to Thin Lizzy is one of the most understandable desires of a red-blooded human male, but making a personal covers compilation shows arcane thinking!

Cool idea, though!
I enjoyed Running Wild's take on Genocide, Skyclad's Emerald, Sound Barrier's Hollywood... they're different from the original's, the bands have had their on take on it... they're not straight exact-copy boring cover tune's you find other bands doing. So I figured there might be more cool covers out there. That and I'll give it to my uncle who's not a metal fan, but a Thin Lizzy one.

That and Thin Lizzy rule like you said. There are some good suggestions here, keep it up.