White Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

khiijol wrote:stone vengeance - all black speed metal band with really over the top vocals. perhaps the counterpoint to black death
I've never heard anything from this band.

The "Here Lies..." album would make for a great upload.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Avenger wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
Avenger wrote:Oh, and before I forget, for those of you looking to dive deeper into this sub-genre, (although I don't agree that all of these bands are prime examples) here is a Power/Progressive list thread.

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... rlet+rayne
Hmm...well a lot of that stuff mentioned in that thread that I like I've never really looked at as "progressive power metal." I usually associate that term with softer, inoffensive and usually wank-oriented bands. For example, I've never looked at Enchanter, King's Ransom, Helstar, or Slauter Xstroyes as prog/power metal, but if that's what the genre means around these parts, then I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.
Uh, what are some examples of bands that you thought fell into that category?

And once again, I don't see how Scarlet Rayne are "wimpy"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hfQqk2 ... re=related
After relistening to a few songs, it's not quite as 'limp' as I'd remembered, but I still don't really find much to like about it, especially with the horrible lyrics and poppy choruses. Like I said though, I don't listen to a lot of bands of this style, so I can't really name bands that I thought would fall in this category, but I just assumed that most bands associated with this tag would sound lighter and more inoffensive, like even softer versions of Heir Apparent. And Heir Apparent is about as 'light' as I'm willing to digest.
hload

Post by hload »

Dodens Grav wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
Hmm...well a lot of that stuff mentioned in that thread that I like I've never really looked at as "progressive power metal." I usually associate that term with softer, inoffensive and usually wank-oriented bands. For example, I've never looked at Enchanter, King's Ransom, Helstar, or Slauter Xstroyes as prog/power metal, but if that's what the genre means around these parts, then I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.
Uh, what are some examples of bands that you thought fell into that category?

And once again, I don't see how Scarlet Rayne are "wimpy"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hfQqk2 ... re=related
After relistening to a few songs, it's not quite as 'limp' as I'd remembered, but I still don't really find much to like about it, especially with the horrible lyrics and poppy choruses. Like I said though, I don't listen to a lot of bands of this style, so I can't really name bands that I thought would fall in this category, but I just assumed that most bands associated with this tag would sound lighter and more inoffensive, like even softer versions of Heir Apparent. And Heir Apparent is about as 'light' as I'm willing to digest.

my buddy, don't get disappointed because of a mediocre band with an overrated "rare" cd....this is what i'm telling you to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncycLQM ... re=related
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

This kicks ass, as the entire ALTERED STATE demo. Insanely complex killer US metal.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
This kicks ass, as the entire ALTERED STATE demo. Insanely complex killer US metal.
Sounds like it's worth an upload :)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Just read this, it surely made my day :lol:

The Usurper

into drugs, at eleven years of age. town of Northport, Ricky's head all in a rage,
deny authority, drugs worsen everyday, using pot to selling meth, stepped where demons play.
once in a bookshop, wired on "L", one book seemed alive, reaching on the shelf, saw his future,
relaxing in his hands, Ricky's eyes widened, as he saw the title, satanic spells, book of the dead.
now was time, for first incantation, pentagram, cats skull, satanic reputation,
hanging out at midway, possessed and full of hate, offered Christ, spit in His face,
Ricky sealed his fate. out on the streets, and out on his town, here sits the acid king, upon his
paper throne, a line was crossed, Gary stole some meth, "no one steals from the acid king!",
he muttered under his breath.

aztakea woods, the acid kings holds court, he screamed blasphemies, as the knife met Gary's throat, "say you love Satan!", Ricky uttered for reply, "no, I love my mother!", Gary cried as he died.
bragging to his friends, on what he'd done, evil shows true colors, busted murder one.
Satan is no future, usurper is dethroned, hanged himself in a prison cell, this Judas met his end!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

What the hell is that?! :shock:

Can't quite laugh as my jaw dropped too low.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

While reading it I hear the guy from TORN FLESH grunting the words, but this is just too eloquent for those tossers.. :lol:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

"say you love Satan!", Ricky uttered for reply, "no, I love my mother!", Gary cried as he died.
That part is the best.

Torn Flesh also has funny lyrics like this:
The world is full of men lusting men
Gay is not happy when it is a sin
Free sex has got its price to pay
God still loves you but in a different way

AAAAAAAGH!
If you want gay rights, you got em!
You have the right to repent
You have the right to stand before God
And be judged
You have the right to heed Romans 1:26-30
If you want gay rights, you got 'em!

You're screaming for gay rights
but all of those rights are wrong
It is time to put love back
To where it really belongs
Two cities were destroyed
Because of what you do
Sodom and Gomorrah
Next it could be you

You beg for gay rights
You scream and you plead
when it's God's love
That you really need
The choice is still yours
To be gay or not
If you choose to be gay
You'll end up mighty hot!

The world is full
of men lusting men
Gay is not happy
When it is a sin
God's graceful love
Can set you free
Why do you think He created
Adam and Eve?
(I added the bold on my favorite part)
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Warlord was basically a christian band (" Our influences also come from...up above" :lol: ). But they didn't flaunt it too much, however, Lordian Guard was VERY Christian. Despite the odd vocals (which I enjoy depending on the day), the songs themselves were epic and masterful, anyone else ever listen to that stuff?
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

You guys really need to hear RAVEN PAYNE...
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Did I miss it or nobody named Black Death? One of my favorite USHM albums with plenty of Xian lyrics.
Isn't it kinda weird that most black people in US metal are involved in bands with Christian message on their lyrics? You've got the aforementoined Black Death, Katon in Hirax, the guys from Suffocation, Stone Vengeance and I remember a black guy in a Doom band but can't remember the name right now.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Cochino wrote:Did I miss it or nobody named Black Death? One of my favorite USHM albums with plenty of Xian lyrics.
Isn't it kinda weird that most black people in US metal are involved in bands with Christian message on their lyrics? You've got the aforementoined Black Death, Katon in Hirax, the guys from Suffocation, Stone Vengeance and I remember a black guy in a Doom band but can't remember the name right now.
BLACK DEATH? STONE VENGEANCE? HIRAX? All three of them must have placed their xian messages very discreet, because they never came through to me. :shock:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80