White Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

White Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Since some years i have found out how godly are some 80's Christian Bands nearly all have to offer great music.Starting from the absolute GODS STRYPER where in ALL 5 releases(sadly i haven't bought their new album :cry: ) they play extremely good(for me Stryper is without doubt one of the 10 best US bands ever).Then Barren Cross an also favourite band for me really underrated!Their album Atomic Arena it remind me of old classic IRON MAIDEN with more power(I haven't heard their other albums).Then the classic band MESSIAH where in two releases they play total heavy metal like no one else nearly a must both their releases.Then EMERALD what to say about this band their LP(I have the reissue with ORACLE) Armed With Battle is a top US and not only(Fuck even their tracks in the christian compilation are bloody awesome).ORACLE is quite good but nothing special.BATTLECRY plays awesome music but the music isn't the most heavy i can only say.Other bands or about these bands any comment?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Generally I hate all religions including Christianity, so I don't give a "peep" about the messages in their music, the music itself counts and following bands have delivered magnificent LP's:

GLACIER is one of the best white metal bands in existance

EMERALD: Armed for battle: indeed great one

MESSIAH: :twisted: killer :twisted:

VALOR: fight for your life: :twisted: also killer :twisted:
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The Sentinel wrote:Generally I hate all religions including Christianity, so I don't give a "peep" about the messages in their music, the music itself counts and following bands have delivered magnificent LP's:

GLACIER is one of the best white metal bands in existance

EMERALD: Armed for battle: indeed great one

MESSIAH: :twisted: killer :twisted:

VALOR: fight for your life: :twisted: also killer :twisted:
I am Christian Orthodox but i referred these bands only for the music(and the lyrics aren't bad if you have ever tried to read them :wink: ).
Yes GLACIER are also great but should we entry them as white metal i don't know?Their Demo is better than the MLP(how more?!?) and reminds me of their fellow mates GARGOYLE(the best US power metal band ever).
VALOR yes i know them and i will have them very soon so i will return with feedback on it.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Yep, Gargoyle delivered a masterpiece. Also try "Recon: behind Enemy lines", topnotch US-metal
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

In general, I don't pay attention to the religious content of the lyrics of the bands I listen to. I don't know if "white metal" is a metal subgenre or not .
It's just metal to me !!

Some good "christian" bands :
LIGHTFORCE from Australia, LAZARUS SIN, ORDAINED FATE (all female Thrash Metal band), SACRED WARRIOR, BELIEVER,...

By the way, I didn't know that GLACIER was labelled as white metal.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:
By the way, I didn't know that GLACIER was labelled as white metal.
Well, the first song "when heaven's at hand" (the title says it) has some religious contents. I've read somewhere (can't remember where of course)that they were White metal.

What about Slauter Xstroyes. Play back the "back-forward message" on side B of the LP...
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Generally I think most Xian Metal is more watered down than the average. A perfect example is the "California Metal" compilation I recently picked up. Not a memorable riff on the albums so straight to the trade list it went. I blame the theist mindrot.

Then there are of course some outstanding exceptions like those The Sentinel mentioned + maybe a few more. Lately I've been listening a lot to CENTURION (us) and LIGHT FORCE (esp the "Battlezone" demo). They're hardly the work of geniouses, but they have some original moments not too common in WM.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Hmmm Whte Metal (as well as Black Metal) isnt of significance for me regarding messages etc. I'm only interested in music. I would mention these Christian Metal bands which are good in my opinion:

Leviticus, White Cross, Mass (USA), Barren Cross, Bloodgod, Puño de Hierro, Saint, Sacred warrior, etc
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I would also add BRIDE, the excellent SCARLET RAYNE and the mighty TYRANT from the US.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

...and of course the impressive debut album of SAVIOUR MACHINE.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Yes GLACIER are also great but should we entry them as white metal i don't know?Their Demo is better than the MLP(how more?!?) and reminds me of their fellow mates GARGOYLE(the best US power metal band ever).
Dead right! Killer melodic stuff! It reminds you of GARGOYLE, because Tim Lachmann sings on it and GARGOYLE = Tim Lachmann!

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote: and the mighty TYRANT from the US.
Damn right, Too late To Pray is a personal fave of mine
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Dead right! Killer melodic stuff! It reminds you of GARGOYLE, because Tim Lachmann sings on it and GARGOYLE = Tim Lachmann!
Of course i knew that.I just want to say that when you have for your singer Tim Lachmann that doesn't makes you necessarily sound like Gargoyle.But Glacier closed to Gargoyle in this demo(as for musical value it is priceless! :wink: )
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The Sentinel wrote: Damn right, Too late To Pray is a personal fave of mine
I remember when i heard sometime the Us Tyrant just a typical(so so) band.For me only one deserves to be called Tyrant and that is the Ulmers which are one of my 20 best bands ever that's simply!8)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The Sentinel wrote:VALOR: fight for your life: :twisted: also killer :twisted:
YESSSSS, Valor are incredible. 'Fight For Your Life' is a very enjoyable album!

Seventh Angel were quite good too I thought...

Lightforce went on to be Mortification, & they were terrible

'Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice' is cool over-the-top christian thrash too

Were Solitude Aeturnus christian???