ICE CROSS??

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
scoots

Post by scoots »

OmenOfSteel wrote:I found this LP pretty boring...

Coverart/Name/Origin are interesting, the music is not.
cosigned, and i generally love the early 70s protometal/hard psych shit
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Well, I got hooked on this since someone posted it on one of these blogs full of vinyl oldies (I think that was that one: http://6070rock.blogspot.com/ ), and this album is worth its rarity IMO.

OK, it's not a perfect one, yet some tracks are pure darkness, and well, the third track has great blasphemous lyrics IMO. I think of it everytime I see these mormons or jehovah's witnesses on the streets...
Gott ist tot.
odin

Post by odin »

Mr Nuke wrote:Well, I got hooked on this since someone posted it on one of these blogs full of vinyl oldies (I think that was that one: http://6070rock.blogspot.com/ ), and this album is worth its rarity IMO.

OK, it's not a perfect one, yet some tracks are pure darkness, and well, the third track has great blasphemous lyrics IMO. I think of it everytime I see these mormons or jehovah's witnesses on the streets...
I suggest everyone download granmax from that blog,alot of these blogs also post nwobhm.
scoots

Post by scoots »

for what it's worth, my favorites of this subgenre:

1 sabbath - first 6 lps
2 deep purple - in rock/machinehead/fireball
3 flower travellin' band - satori
4 bang - s/t
5 ufo 1
6 pentagram - first daze here
7 buffalo - volcanic rock
8 sir lord baltimore - kingdom come
9 randy holden - pop II
10 ground hogs - split
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i never got the sabbath comparisons to ice cross... for most of that album they are way more upbeat and don't come anywhere near matching the heaviness of sabbath imo