Belcebu

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
solareagle

Belcebu

Post by solareagle »

Hello, anyone has a information about a band called BELCEBU? The only I know is they have an LP from 1986 which is apparently very hard to get.

so anyone knows about a Belcebu from year 86'?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I recently got an email about this amazing-looking vinyl (which I really need to reply to - thanx for the reminder..) and it seems it's one hell of an obscurity. The band was from Argentina, the title is "En Vivo" ("Live") and supposedly only made in 10 (!) copies. I'm not sure what to think about that last bit of info, but I really would like to hear it.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

This smells like awesome
I want to see it at least
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Baphometalzine

Post by Baphometalzine »

Belcebú is obscure heavy/speed. Some parts remind me Retrosatan, but the Belcebú vocalist is better in my opinion.

I got the LP from the band. The record was also in the showcase of a record store in the center of the city, but they were asking 3000us$ for it!
Some months ago a guy from Germany that often comes to Argentina pay the 3000us$ and now it is in his hands. I don't know where the other copies are, and yes, only 10 were made.

For Baphometal #3 issue I have interviewed Belcebú so there you can find some more information.
humus

Post by humus »

Oh no, I smell another Flames of hell-alike hype coming up :roll:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

:lol:
we're eat babies flesh
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I'm still curious to hear it.
we're eat babies flesh
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Baphometalzine wrote:yes, only 10 were made.
That's bizarre. Was it a test pressing?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Baphometalzine wrote:yes, only 10 were made.
That's bizarre. Was it a test pressing?
How do you make 10 copies pressing? Unless you get the test pressing and cancel the order, but most pressing plants wont let you do that... it must be some sort of acetate, or perhaps it was a regular pressing of 500 but it was so abysmal the band only managed to sell 10 copies and burned the rest in utter frustration thus piquing the collector's insanity :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Baphometal Zine #3 has a Belcebu interview. I hope to read something more about this and the odd pressing soon. I love such covers.
we're eat babies flesh
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

stormspell wrote:perhaps it was a regular pressing of 500 but it was so abysmal the band only managed to sell 10 copies and burned the rest in utter frustration thus piquing the collector's insanity :lol:
This is the most likely scenario.

Typical funderground collector insanity RAR OOP FLAMES OF HELL BURZUM 1488.
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Baphometal, would you mind taking more pics of that Belcebu lp (like back cover, labels etc etc)?

Very curious !!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Astaroth wrote: Typical funderground collector insanity RAR OOP FLAMES OF HELL BURZUM 1488.
welcome to the club !
we're eat babies flesh
Baphometalzine

Post by Baphometalzine »

There are some bands that has pressed promo or personal copies of their recordings back then. Belcebú is one of then.

As I told there are other bands that has maked single or limited pressings. some I remember I have are Red Alert 3 unreleased 7'eps, Retrosatan 1 side radio 7'ep (a track from their demo), Stratus 7'ep from Bolivia and some Malaysian records that are pressed in 10, 50 or 100 copies only.

From Argentina there is another 10 copies record of a band from Rosario city called Kashat that was heavy/power from 1985, it sound like Bloke. That is the only Argentian metal record I don't have (yet!).
Baphometalzine

Post by Baphometalzine »

Sure no problem taking pictures, I will try to get a picture of the Kashat record too.

What software I should use to make mp3 from a record?