Most haunting song ever

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
pzman
Posts: 370

Post#16 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm

November Rain. I can't help but feel a little emotional whenever i hear this song (esp the intro).

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Post#17 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 pm

pzman wrote:November Rain. I can't help but feel a little emotional whenever i hear this song (esp the intro).
:lol: The nerve of some people.

User avatar
metalmaster
Posts: 771
Contact:

Post#18 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 am

Call from the Grave or Born for Burning of Bathory
Triumph of death by hellhammer
Black & Violet by Death SS

User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

Post#19 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am

Check out the Danish band Wasted and their album "Halloween... The Night Of".

Really haunting horror metal. Okay, maybe not as good as the old Mercyful Fate stuff, but still a nice, overlooked gem.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
Moonchild
Posts: 363

Post#20 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Check out the Danish band Wasted and their album "Halloween... The Night Of".

Really haunting horror metal. Okay, maybe not as good as the old Mercyful Fate stuff, but still a nice, overlooked gem.
I have this on cd-r. I downloaded the album from another site a long time ago and it's obviously a vinyl rip so you can expect pops and glitches but it's still very listenable and the sound quality is fantastic. I'll throw it up on Poisonoise later on.
metalmaster wrote:Call from the Grave by Bathory
I would have to agree. I nearly shit my pants when i first heard it when i was 14. Spooky song indeed.

King Diamond has a lot of haunting songs, shit most of his stuff sends a shiver down my spine. The king of horror metal imo.

User avatar
King Zombie
Posts: 557

Post#21 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Moonchild wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Check out the Danish band Wasted and their album "Halloween... The Night Of".

Really haunting horror metal. Okay, maybe not as good as the old Mercyful Fate stuff, but still a nice, overlooked gem.
I have this on cd-r. I downloaded the album from another site a long time ago and it's obviously a vinyl rip so you can expect pops and glitches but it's still very listenable and the sound quality is fantastic. I'll throw it up on Poisonoise later on.
metalmaster wrote:Call from the Grave by Bathory
I would have to agree. I nearly shit my pants when i first heard it when i was 14. Spooky song indeed.

King Diamond has a lot of haunting songs, shit most of his stuff sends a shiver down my spine. The king of horror metal imo.

YEAH DEFINETLY!! Call from the grave is awesome

also Buried Alive from Venom!!!

Buried Alive

I'm alive but dead, awake but asleep
As friend gather round and mourners they weep
My mind thinks of all the things I have done
My body is cold but my heart beat goes on
And on................and on

As they lower me down into that hole in the ground
I scream out for help but they hear not a sound
I fear at the lid, my fingers they bleed
Is this happening to me or is it just a dream
Summon the dead..........
Baphomets call...........
Blood on my hands........

"Let me out of here"

My bones are decayed, my flesh it doth rot
I'm lying in silk, take the lid off this box
My lungs gasp for air, my eyes scream for sight
I promise the rise of my body this night
Summon the dead..........
Baphomets call...........
Blood on my hands........
Screaming in torment.....
I'm felling you all......
Take heed of my plea.....
Answer my call...........
I'm gonna be free........
Keep politics OUT of this forum

User avatar
nabel
Posts: 745

Post#22 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 am

DEVIL STROKE by Dark Quarterer.

(Damn italians, I could probably mention any song from first two Dark Quarterer albums in this topic...)

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:44 pm

nabel wrote:DEVIL STROKE by Dark Quarterer.

(Damn italians, I could probably mention any song from first two Dark Quarterer albums in this topic...)
This hymn has a godly RUNNING WILD-like passage somewhere in the middle that always tears me apart every time i hear it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
Korgüll
Posts: 1973

Post#24 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:44 am

Novembers Doom - Amour Of The Harp
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?

EzraCobb
Posts: 61

Post#25 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 am

Rigor Mortis - Bodily Dismemberment
Pentagram - The Ghoul
Autopsy - Impending Dread (the intro is slow and EVIL - Steve Di is CRUSHING!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

Post#26 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Carnivore - The Subhuman (Demo, 1984)

Maybe their best song, yet never officially released, don't ask me why.

One of the most hunting and intensive songs I can imagine, great lyrics too.

If you can't find the demo, just donwload it, you don't want to miss this masterpiece!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
DTP
Posts: 148

Post#27 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Helm wrote:Oh yeah, Husker Du - Pink Turns to Blue
YES, time infinity...'zen arcade' is LORD! good calls on AMEBIX and BLOODROCK too!

my picks go to:

THE DAMNED - channel zero, plan 9
CIRITH UNGOL - maybe that's why
RAMONES - garden of serenity
ANGEL WITCH - angel of death
DEATH SS - black & violet
SWANS - pretty much everything

User avatar
MEXDefenderOfSteel
Posts: 3866
Contact:

Post#28 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm

AAHHH!!

I had some LSD on friday, so i played Pagan Altar-Lords of Hipocrisy---well i found it the most haunting and eerie album i have ever heard in my life so far what a band and what a way of creating heavy and dark music, i mean i liked Pagan Altar before,but in that mental state it just took me way beyond this world, fucken dark trip i tell u guys...try it...

"March of the dead"almost kills me...

Lama
Posts: 787

Post#29 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:32 pm

When I started listening to metal in 1992, somebody copied "The Ritual" from Testament for me on tape. And up to now, I still think the title song is one spooky fucker.
Kampel Destruction

User avatar
Kelly
Posts: 443
Contact:

Post#30 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Paul Chain - Mortuary Hearse
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests