Music past its prime

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Ryacus

Music past its prime

Post by Ryacus »

What do you think of hard rock or other genres releasing albums during the reign of heavy metal in its subgenres,would you consider it obsolete to release a typical hard rock album in 1980 when there is so many other things going on,I find myself avoiding albums from 1980 from certain bands with their prime in the 70's either because they will probably be declining in quality or just pale in comparison to other albums from 1980 because they don't hold up or sound quite dated,I would consider albums from other genres in these years if they had certain redeeming qualities.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

depends on what you have in mind. any names ...?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

AC/DC for example with Back In Black is really past their prime and is sounding rather dated for 1980 when you have so many other music genres emering isn't it sort of unimpressive to realize a hard rock album after the 1970's.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I guess you're right somehow. yet many 70's HR bands had been doing considerably well during 80's. They led "astray" many teenagers. Or they had prepared them for more powerful music to listen to.

As a teenager, at the very beginning of my Metal development, I listened to AC/DC, too. Though not very long.

Funny, despite dated sound (in terms of heaviness) many 70's bands prolonged their careers into 80's while many bands from 80's didn't succeeded to continue in the 90's.
I am ... the One you warned me of