Obscure French singles

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6281
Contact:

Obscure French singles

Post#1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 am

I think this page (thanx again Keir!) deserves a thread of its own:
http://www.45toursderockfrancais.net/ro ... lehard.htm

It includes (almost) every French Hard Rock/Metal 7" released from the late 70's to the early 90's, with cover scans and a 30-second taster from each single, many of which I've never seen or heard about before. Some sound instantly awful, some seem great, the majority of them could be either way since the first 30 seconds of a song doesn't really say that much about the overall quality.

So, which of these have you heard, or even own? Recommendations? Any of those clips got you on a 30-second headbanging frenzy on first listening? Know of any ones not included on the page? etc...
Let's have another thread where we dig deep, Deep, DEEP into the Olde Metal underground!
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1539

Post#2 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:52 am

I know this website.Even submited some bands to M-A back in 2007 if I remmember correct.From these samples the best imperssion left ASTAROTH and WKRX.Also I found one person on SoulSeek who have 50 percent MP3s of these singles from this website,but he's now off line few weeks...

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#3 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:07 am

Good list, plenty of them are new to me. Some of favourite 7" are:

MARIENTHAL
LEGEND
DESDEMONA
DEATH'S ANGELS
XS
DRIFTER
DAMOCLES
ASTAROTH
H AND H

I still haven't heard the DANGER ZONE and the NIGHTREAPER 7"s which are supposed to be among the best. Anyone who can upload any of them?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1539

Post#4 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am

ION BRITTON wrote:Good list, plenty of them are new to me. Some of favourite 7" are:

MARIENTHAL
LEGEND
DESDEMONA
DEATH'S ANGELS
XS
DRIFTER
DAMOCLES
ASTAROTH
H AND H

I still haven't heard the DANGER ZONE and the NIGHTREAPER 7"s which are supposed to be among the best. Anyone who can upload any of them?
I can upload ASTAROTH 7" EP on Poisonoise But it's just 128 Kbps so against the rules. Song "Anges Ou Démons" is Outstanding!!!

User avatar
anthares
Posts: 849
Contact:

Post#5 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:20 am

Shitloads of stuff there! Poor french metal collectors!
lunaboy wrote: I can upload ASTAROTH 7" EP on Poisonoise But it's just 128 Kbps so against the rules. Song "Anges Ou Démons" is Outstanding!!!
Plz! Yeah!

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#6 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 am

I have a better rip than 128Kbps, if there is any interest i will upload it myself.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6281
Contact:

Post#7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 am

We should definitely make a "sister-thread" in Poisonoise where we share what goodies we have. Should have a bunch at home and will upload tonight. Must work now.

Came to think of a 7" not included: MASKED RAIDERS (yes, got a rip of it)
The Heavy Metal Wayback Machine - Your trusty vat of formaldehyde in the Heavy Metal morgue!

User avatar
nabel
Posts: 745

Post#8 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:46 am

I have strange perversion towards "La dame en noir / L'adolescent" by Calamine. That one just rolls so beatifully. Only possible in France.

I have one cd'r of french singles back home, I'll see if I have something you guys don't and try to upload them.

User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6093

Post#9 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:51 am

I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.

User avatar
nabel
Posts: 745

Post#10 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 am

omen of hate wrote:I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
Yeah, one french metal maniac told me about that book. Should be excellent reading!

User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6093

Post#11 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 pm

nabel wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
Yeah, one french metal maniac told me about that book. Should be excellent reading!
The book is unfortunately only available in french, but I've read on their webpage that they're working on an English version.

User avatar
anthares
Posts: 849
Contact:

Post#12 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:29 pm

omen of hate wrote:
nabel wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
Yeah, one french metal maniac told me about that book. Should be excellent reading!
The book is unfortunately only available in french, but I've read on their webpage that they're working on an English version.
Thats something!

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#13 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

i want to hear that single with the old frenchman with his suitcase. I forgot the name!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well

User avatar
voidghast
Posts: 182

Post#14 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Woah this website is great! I can't get over that DAB cover..the music sounds fairly interesting too in a Gotham City amateurish type of way. I like the 30 second clips on here, they satisfy a bit of my curiosity.

User avatar
Keir
Posts: 1210
Contact:

Post#15 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 pm

The Knell wrote:i want to hear that single with the old frenchman with his suitcase. I forgot the name!
Made in France - Hard Depose?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests