Anacrusis

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Anacrusis Album?

Suffering Hour
57%
Reason
8%
Manic Impressions
8%
Screams and Whispers
27%

Total votes: 49

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I have some kind of 'affection' with "Reason" because it's their first album I heard back in time ... I bought the original MC (still got it ^^) just to give them a try and it totally blew me off.
I bought the cd at once and started to search for the other cds (S&W excluded, it had still to be published, bought when it was out !), "Manic Impressions" got for 3900 lire (about 2 euro) in the notorious mailorder here in Italy. The copy was cutted, but some years later I managed to trade it and got another, this time perfect, copy :)
Obviously I never found "Suffering Hour" and thought 'probably this doesn't exist on cd' :) only to be happily wrong when I bought it from davesmetal in the first ebay days :D
Last edited by Helstar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTP

Post by DTP »

ION BRITTON wrote:By far the debut album
yep.

still curious to check out the rest...
formally 'Hellpreacher'
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:I have some kind of 'affection' with "Reason" because it was their first album I heared in early 90s ... I bought the original MC (still got it ^^) just to give them a try and it totally blew me off.
I bought the cd at once and started to search for the other cds (S&W excluded, it had still to be published, bought when it was out !), "Manic Impressions" got for 3900 lire (about 2 euro) in the notorious mailorder here in Italy. The copy was cutted, but some years later I managed to trade it and got another, this time perfect, copy :)
Obviously I never found "Suffering Hour" and thought 'probably this doesn't exist on cd' :) only to be happily wrong when I bought it from davesmetal in the first ebay days :D
I thought that you didn't care about cut-outs, or OBI's for that matter?

Strange, considering that you've apparently been collecting for so long...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
pzman

Post by pzman »

pan_Heathen wrote:the re-recording of Suffering Hour sounds really well (not too modern, but much more powerful), and the band performance (the vocals too!) are top notch after all those years. But... I disagree with the band that original Suffering Hour was badly produced - I really like its production which gives the album an extraordinary live-like atmosphere. Thats why I still prefer the original sound.
thx for the reply panheathen. anyone else? just want to hear a few more thoughts before i decide
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: I thought that you didn't care about cut-outs, or OBI's for that matter?
Strange, considering that you've apparently been collecting for so long...
Yes exactly, I don't care a lot (which is 'different' by "at all").
There was this guy who wanted to trade and he got nothing, only Anacrusis, he wanted to get some crap from me so I did it :)
But I'm not searching that's sure ;) for example I have Coroner, Rage, Mortal Sin, and some other bands' cds cutout/drill ... but should I start to buy "perfect" copies and try to sell/trade these when I'm totally missing so many other cds :D ? Same for OBI ... and first pressings ... I prefer to concentrate on stuff I don't have :)

Ps. Not even considering I have already dozens of doubles which are hard to let go .-.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Haven't really bothered checking out Anacrusis before, since I'm usually not into that technical thrash-stuff (except Realm and Toxik), but it seems like I have missed out on something.
Bought the Hindsight-cd and it sounds great! Suffering Hour is so far a little better, but Reason seems to be a grower. Love the voice of Kenn Nardi.

I know that Manic Impressions and Screams and Whispers sound a bit different, but hopefully they are just as good as the first two. Ordered both of them some days ago.
I have only heard a couple of tunes from Screams and Whispers, and they kind of reminded me of the mighty Depressive Age, so hopefully I'm in for a treat.
Last edited by Marken on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Never liked them but they are one of those bands that you just have to respect and give'em credit for doin' their own thing...................................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Witchkiller wrote:Never liked them but they are one of those bands that you just have to respect and give'em credit for doin' their own thing...................................
pretty much my opinion too, i got introduced to them by my older brother, who used to love every band that manage to sound different by the end of the 80s beginning of the 90s, thats why Screams and Whispers has my fave songs from this band, i dont doubt the thrashy/early stuff must be great,just not that interested...
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

My favorite on is Screams and Whispers. I have the Music For Nations and the Warner/ Metal Blade pressings, on CD. I have every first pressing CD this band has done in the US and European Pressings. I have everything but the "Suffering Hour" Greece bootleg.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

To revive this thread:

What do you think about the Hindsight-album(s)?
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.