FLAMES

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helm wrote:I've heard lots of stories, I'd rather not circulate them as I can't verify them. But hearing so many of them certainly left a mark. What I've heard of them I am not sure if I'd enjoy today. I hesitate to even give them a listen now, heh.
You are no fun Mr. Serious Sam...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Back in the old days they were promoting themselves as not a Greek band but as a foreign band who had landed to Greece to start a build a career in there (!!!)m a totally insane point of view if you think that Greece back in the 80s was the land of the nightmare for any metal band that wanted to build something. The difficulties were many. I would give the music a try just because their Thrash Metal was passionate enough, but as Thrash is not my cup of tea after all I would skip their records and go for some Adramelch.
Last edited by StygianBlade on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Avenger wrote:
Helm wrote:I've heard lots of stories, I'd rather not circulate them as I can't verify them. But hearing so many of them certainly left a mark. What I've heard of them I am not sure if I'd enjoy today. I hesitate to even give them a listen now, heh.
I'm not here for your entertainment.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great band indeed. I've got Summon The Dead and Last Prophecy on LP and they rule indeed. Unique riffing style and a very weird but intense atmosphere. Was Niggel Fox Inc. from Flames? How is that LP? Never heard it.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:Great band indeed. I've got Summon The Dead and Last Prophecy on LP and they rule indeed. Unique riffing style and a very weird but intense atmosphere. Was Niggel Fox Inc. from Flames? How is that LP? Never heard it.
Nigel was their vocalist up until the live MLP. I've only had a quick listen to the (bootleg?) CD years ago and I remember it as pretty boring & unoriginal, technical/semi-progressive thrash.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Just heard the Unisound boot of Merciless Slaughter & there's some irksome vinyl skipping during "Cocksuckin' Slave". AVOID.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Niggel now plays @ Ereshkigal and they have released the great The Raping Of The Divine LP back on 05. GREAT band if you are into old school Black Metal with that old good touch of the Greek Black Metal days. An inspired piece of blasphemic art. Check it!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helm wrote:
Avenger wrote:
I'm not here for your entertainment.
Could have fooled me!
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

StygianBlade wrote:Back in the old days they were promoting themselves as not a Greek band but as a foreign band who had landed to Greece to start a build a career in there (!!!)m a totally insane point of view if you think that Greece back in the 80s was the land of the nightmare for any metal band that wanted to build something. The difficulties were many. I would give the music a try just because their Thrash Metal was passionate enough, but as Thrash is not my cup of tea after all I would skip their records and go for some Adramelch.
Why is this a big deal?

There is no rule or law forcing you to be proud of where you are from...
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

No big deal, just one of the stories! :-)
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Just heard the Unisound boot of Merciless Slaughter & there's some irksome vinyl skipping during "Cocksuckin' Slave". AVOID.
Thanks for the warning, was about to get it
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Helm

Post by Helm »

Avenger wrote: Could have fooled me!
You're being pretty rude. Is there a reason?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helm wrote:
Avenger wrote: Could have fooled me!
You're being pretty rude. Is there a reason?
I'm kidding.

It's just that one of the reasons that was stated that you took so seriously really wasn't that big of a deal.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

StygianBlade wrote:No big deal, just one of the stories! :-)
Yeah, I don't understand why that had to be kept in the dark.
Helm

Post by Helm »

The stories I've heard about Flames aren't as tame.

You're not funny to me. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult me when trying to be. If you can't contain your humor then it might be easier to not address me at all on this forum.